Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
If it was gas or bottled water during an emergency it would be called price gouging, just saying...
Oh i definitely agree. But politics stay out of capitalism and it should. Greed of individuals creates this. As someone else said not all dealerships are doing this markup the greedy are. Sadly the majority that purchase from them won't notice or care and they the dealers will survive and thrive for now.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
As someone else said not all dealerships are doing this
Which is why in the future if and or when I buy a new car or truck it will be through Granger.

My local Ford dealer has an 18 base priced at 45K with 60K miles. No new mustangs.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Won't work as you expected. 1st to many not on this forum 2nd to many future buyers not affected. Any small slump they have in vehicles moved will be over come by dealership discounts driving shoppers to their lots 2 years from now everything today will be forgotten except for a few that will come off as whining. (Not saying you are saying future will dictate that you are, even though you are 100% justified and any future consumers in your shoes would do the same but not being in your shoes they won't listen)
I relate this to the great ammo shortage in 2013. I still remember which companies jacked up prices to take advantage of the situation and to this day I donā€™t buy from them. And I know many others that donā€™t as well. One of the great things that comes from the power of the internet is the ability to share info. We have dealers like granger that have moved an insane amount of Mach 1ā€™s because of how they treat people and word of mouth on here. No reason we canā€™t have the same type of effect in reverse for dealers that inflate the prices due to lack of inventory.
I donā€™t have a problem with dealers marking up cars generally speaking. They are free to do it but the flip side is we are free to not buy from them and encourage others to not buy as well. Obviously there will always be people that stroll in a buy a car there but if we can cost them a few bucks, I feel better :)

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I should have been more specific as this pertains to the manuals only.
Yeah, several members have pointed that out to me, I wasnā€™t aware of it until yesterday.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If it was gas or bottled water during an emergency it would be called price gouging, just saying...
Except a cancelled car order is hardly considered an emergency. I feel for everyone that has been affected by this. Really, I get it. But at the end of the day itā€™s just a car. No lives will be lost. We continue to lose our grip on reality.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I relate this to the great ammo shortage in 2013. I still remember which companies jacked up prices to take advantage of the situation and to this day I donā€™t buy from them. And I know many others that donā€™t as well. One of the great things that comes from the power of the internet is the ability to share info. We have dealers like granger that have moved an insane amount of Mach 1ā€™s because of how they treat people and word of mouth on here. No reason we canā€™t have the same type of effect in reverse for dealers that inflate the prices due to lack of inventory.
I donā€™t have a problem with dealers marking up cars generally speaking. They are free to do it but the flip side is we are free to not buy from them and encourage others to not buy as well. Obviously there will always be people that stroll in a buy a car there but if we can cost them a few bucks, I feel better :)
For whatever itā€™s worth I doubt there is a single Ford dealer that would go out of business if they stopped selling Mustangs. Same goes for Ford. If the Mustang ceased production tomorrow it would barely be a blip on the industries radar. Now if we were talking about F150ā€™s that a whole different story.

richardmauro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
richard
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 22 Porsche 992 Targa, 2019 Porsche TTS
I was ordering a new Mach 1 from Granger with May delivery until the shutdown. Now the May delivery could be who knows- that was 7 months
I do not have an issue paying 5k ADM for a 21 in light of the lack of new cars for as far as you can see. I am not excited but who knows if a 22 will even arrive.
I recall the 16 and 17 GT350s had 5k ADM on them- take it or leave it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Except a cancelled car order is hardly considered an emergency.
You really don't get it do you? It is not about the canceled orders my comment is directed at the inflated prices from some dealers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You really don't get it do you? It is not about the canceled orders my comment is directed at the inflated prices from some dealers.
Of course I get it. My comment referred to ā€œprice gougingā€ which this is not. Itā€™s just pure simple greed.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
For whatever itā€™s worth I doubt there is a single Ford dealer that would go out of business if they stopped selling Mustangs. Same goes for Ford. If the Mustang ceased production tomorrow it would barely be a blip on the industries radar. Now if we were talking about F150ā€™s that a whole different story.
Iā€™m only talking about dealers, not ford as a company. And I wasnā€™t suggesting to skip buying mustangs from certain dealers. Skip buying anything from those dealers! F150ā€™s included.
I donā€™t have a crystal ball but I see some severe economic pain coming to this country. In this scenario dealers like every other business will be hurting. I would like to think dealers that treated their customers rightā€¦ā€¦ā€¦took a profit on each deal but didnā€™t have to break the bankā€¦ā€¦..will make it through ok because they have a loyal customer base and a reputation like granger that brings customers from out of the area.
the dealers that established a reputation of being sleazy? F ā€˜em. Hopefully they have to shut the doors for good.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
as someone who lives in an area hit with many disasters the last yeah or two, screw those laws. They reduce the amount of emergency supplies that are available, by reducing the incentives for people to start hauling in massive amounts of supplies from out of state. As for people who need water the day after a hurricane, they're idiots, and I have no sympathy if they have to pay a lot more.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm definitely a free market guy.

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
We just received official word today that some Mustangs/GT500s for the 2021 model year will be cancelled because of commomdity shortages. Ford will be rescheduling these orders for 2022. The team at Ford is exploring options to protect retail customers, with more information that will be available soon.

Sorry to say that we are going to have 12 total Mach 1s that were for retail customers get cancelled. @Jay at Granger will be reaching out over the next couple days for our customers who have been impacted by the change.

This is the first time we've experienced something like this, in this magnitude and I can certainly understand the frustration of those of you who have ordered. We are going to lock in our discount and I would encourage those of you who visit with Jay to get the 2022 order placed ASAP. It sounds like receipt of the 2022 order will determine timing of delivery.

Again, I appreciate your understanding and patience with this unforseen issue.

Zach
Zach, I have a question about the GT500s that got cancelled. Since you have very limited allocations, do the cancelled 21 GT500 orders take precedence for your 22 allocations? Or does Ford just roll the cancelled 21 allocations over to 22? What Iā€™m wondering is say youā€™re getting 4 GT500 allocations for 22 and one existing 21 order got cancelledā€¦. Does the cancelled 21 guy get one of those four 22 allocations leaving you with just 3 for your hand raisers? Or would you end up with five 22 allocations in this hypothetical case?

Thanks

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Zach, I have a question about the GT500s that got cancelled. Since you have very limited allocations, do the cancelled 21 GT500 orders take precedence for your 22 allocations? Or does Ford just roll the cancelled 21 allocations over to 22? What Iā€™m wondering is say youā€™re getting 4 GT500 allocations for 22 and one existing 21 order got cancelledā€¦. Does the cancelled 21 guy get one of those four 22 allocations leaving you with just 3 for your hand raisers? Or would you end up with five 22 allocations in this hypothetical case?

Thanks
So we didn't get any 2021 GT500s cancelled. But in the note Ford sent us, if a 2021 got cancelled, then the dealer would receive an extra 2022. Especially because a lot of dealers only receive 1 GT500 a year, it would be a tough deal to get your only 1 cancelled. I believe they are going to try to prioritize those orders as well. But it's not an automated thing. The dealer will need to re-enter the order for 2022.
Sponsored