Sponsored

2021 GT Manual Transmission Stage 2 Roush supercharger ,active exhaust , rev match.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I don't think they 'screwed the pooch', exactly. They just weren't fully ready at release. But I think, now, my Tune is top flight and buttoned down. I've had many chargers or cameros try to take me on the Hwy only to choke on my dust.
My words may have been overly harsh. I have been following the guys on the other thread who keep having CELs. It is a bit troubling that the first versions of the tune were less than perfect. Actually, the same thing happened with the first phase 2 tune for 2018-2020s. We are now on the 3rd....or maybe 4th....revision. They finally got it right.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I guess you can ask somebody to flip exhaust modes and check from behind the car if active exhaust valves open all the way in track mode.

As for rev match, it may as well be possible that "less" blip is needed as the power/torque curves changed significantly, but I might be wrong here as it's more about matching revs than power.

In any case, if you have an issue with exhaust, the "coolness" of rev match sound would be impacted as well. I would start with resetting the battery and looking visually if exhaust valves work as expected. It's a 15min check. Author, please report back if you find out what was the root cause. I will have mu sc installed in several weeks and I have same car combo. Very interested to hear back from you with resolution.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
The rev match feature can be turned off or on. Is it possible that it just got turned off?

https://www.wheelsjoint.com/how-to-...on-5-0-ford-mustang-with-manual-transmission/
I was blown away when I was shown how specific some of the parameters are that can be adjusted within the stock tune itself. I then understood how even a canned tune costs a few hundred bucks.

In regards to my previous post, yes I was referring to the performance. But hey, they give you a warranty so they’re going to cover their asses by putting together a conservative tune. I get it, and that’s why I made the first statement.

If the OP is still on stock exhaust, this post may give reason why it doesn’t sound like it used to.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/exhaust-pressure-testing.162791/

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The first thing I noticed on mine with Roush tune and active exhaust was a more intense sound at WOT. Maybe not louder....just more angry. I didn't notice any difference at part throttle when not under boost.

Kingsev

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sevag
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 PP2 convertible 2021 roush S2
have you had resolution for this? i am having the same issue as you did, Roush says open a ticket and contact the dealer, which was done and their answer after 2 month was, we do not know the issue ... like WTF...

I have a 2021 GT and just added a Stage 2 Roush supercharger. It appears the new ecm programming greatly effects the active exhaust and rev match. The car no longer has the aggressive exhaust . Downs shifting no longer has the quick throttle snaps . It sounds more like downshifting a dump truck . The active exhaust also seems effected holding it in low gear and revving no long has the awesome aggressive exhaust sounds . Is this typical ? Went from an awesome aggressive sound beast to a WTF is this. Thanks Robert
Sponsored