2020 gt500 cftp driving after 180 miles

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Well the 180 miles in and so far everything has been excellent. The wait was well worth it and have nothing but good things to say. First off this car at 120 to 130 mph is just cruising not even a quarter of throttle at that speed then when you hit the brakes no jerk or hard bite just crackles and very quick automatic down shifts and within a second your down to 20 or 30 mph my buddy has a bmw m4 with full carbon brakes this is better honestly my trade in car was a 2016 porsche 911 gts and that even does not compare and i did hard road racing at Daytona speedway so really felt what the car could do. The handling on the cftp has been outstanding taking turns at 130 mph plus with extreme ease. The only thing i noticed is the suspension is very firm and you feel road bumps which is sometimes a little harsh. Waiting for palm beach dyno and rare fab to open back up going to install grip tech pulley since you can swap them very easy from stock to 2.85 with a few bolts going to ask ken about the cat deletes if he thinks thats the way to go pros and cons still waiting for the JLT air box to come out. Never paid over msrp before but the 20k adm was ok im not rethinking or second guessing myself im happy with the purchase.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Well the 180 miles in and so far everything has been excellent. The wait was well worth it and have nothing but good things to say. First off this car at 120 to 130 mph is just cruising not even a quarter of throttle at that speed then when you hit the brakes no jerk or hard bite just crackles and very quick automatic down shifts and within a second your down to 20 or 30 mph my buddy has a bmw m4 with full carbon brakes this is better honestly my trade in car was a 2016 porsche 911 gts and that even does not compare and i did hard road racing at Daytona speedway so really felt what the car could do. The handling on the cftp has been outstanding taking turns at 130 mph plus with extreme ease. The only thing i noticed is the suspension is very firm and you feel road bumps which is sometimes a little harsh. Waiting for palm beach dyno and rare fab to open back up going to install grip tech pulley since you can swap them very easy from stock to 2.85 with a few bolts going to ask ken about the cat deletes if he thinks thats the way to go pros and cons still waiting for the JLT air box to come out. Never paid over msrp before but the 20k adm was ok im not rethinking or second guessing myself im happy with the purchase.
So am I reading this correctly.... you have already had your CFTP out on the Daytona International Speedway? Or were you speaking of your P car?

I'm a regular at Daytona, and if you had run it there, I sure would have liked to see it.

OP
OP
Twisted O CFTP

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
So am I reading this correctly.... you have already had your CFTP out on the Daytona International Speedway? Or were you speaking of your P car?

I'm a regular at Daytona, and if you had run it there, I sure would have liked to see it.
I ran my porsche there with performance driving group I dont know if any groups are doing daytona anymore due to daytona wanting 100,000 per weekend according to performance driving group however the track pack would be awesome for high speeds on the banks road atlanta Is the next longest back stretch to get some speed haven't tried sebring yet

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I ran my porsche there with performance driving group I dont know if any groups are doing daytona anymore due to daytona wanting 100,000 per weekend according to performance driving group however the track pack would be awesome for high speeds on the banks road atlanta Is the next longest back stretch to get some speed haven't tried sebring yet
Yes, I run Daytona a bunch. AFAIK, the audi club will continue to run Daytona the first weekend in December each year.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ill be there ill look them up thanks for the lead
I'm always in the blue garages, #9. Stop by and say hello. You'll probably see a few Rs laying around with a rapid red CFTP. I do all 3 days.

OP
OP
Twisted O CFTP

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Will
I'm always in the blue garages, #9. Stop by and say hello. You'll probably see a few Rs laying around with a rapid red CFTP. I do all 3 days.
will do im planning on driving over to ace cafe for mustang night in orlando if you go when things pick back up

OP
OP
Twisted O CFTP

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Will

will do im planning on driving over to ace cafe for mustang night in orlando if you go when things pick back up
Wonder what the air pressure will be for daytona for the 500 the ford said 28 psi was the lowest for the cup2s but you know daytona the heat up quickly especially the right rear

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
They will probably be very similar to the 350R. Only difference is the 500 is heavier.

I spoke to michelin tire engineers to establish the pressures I run. They do vary and you have to constantly adjust.

The most critical tire is the right rear. That tire carrys most of the load around the roval course. That is the one most susceptible to delamination.

Run the pressures as high as you can stand them to balance safety on the roval and control in the infield. Too low and you run the risk of a delamination (usually around turn 4) and too high you loose maneuverability on the infield.

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Will

I will be there with my R or 07 GT500, hope to see you there when this stuff goes away