460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Hey Nick
I just did a search and Napa Ford has five ‘19 GT350’s.
If the whole no warranty for the track thing is real, you may want to stick with a ‘19. Just a thought.
Sponsored

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Hey Nick
I just did a search and Napa Ford has five ‘19 GT350’s.
If the whole no warranty for the track thing is real, you may want to stick with a ‘19. Just a thought.
Wouldn't that claim for no warranty for being on a track carry over to all previous years as well or is it the 2020 only affected?
I'm working on getting myself in the position to buy a '19+ MY GT350 as well!
Thanks
Ken

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Wouldn't that claim for no warranty for being on a track carry over to all previous years as well or is it the 2020 only affected?
I'm working on getting myself in the position to buy a '19+ MY GT350 as well!
Thanks
Ken
For whatever reason the verbiage pertaining to the warranty in the owners manual was changed for 2020. I don't know the full details about the track warranty stuff for previous years as I never owned a previous model year but from what I have seen Ford has been good with covering damages to unmodified engines.

Someone reached out to Ford Performance for clarification about the 2020, and they got a response from the marketing director and he said not worry and that nothing will change. We are awaiting an official reply from him.

Unless you really want the HEP I would just go for a 2019 since you won't have to deal with that warranty bs and it would probably be a little cheaper. I really don't trust the words of a marketing director, we won't really know until someone with a 2020 comes on here to complain that their warranty claim was denied, but thats just me. I plan to go to the track on occasion so its not a huge deal for, but if you really want to go out there and tear it up I would go for a 2019.

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Coupe V6, 2020 GT350R
As others have said, it might or might not happen. It is definitely something to consider. I remember seeing a chart and it was like once you past 1,000 or 2,000 the rate of failure is dramatically decreased. The highest mileage GT350 I've seen on here was either 100,000 or 150,00 miles and it is completely fine. Its even a 2016 too.

If you get the extended warranty 8 years of coverage is pretty good imo. Genesis has the longest lasting factory warranty with 10 years so I think 8 years is pretty good. Every car has its fair share of issues and its really a coin toss whether you'll get them or not.

Personally I'm not worried about the engine failure. I went to Afghanistan in a dangerous area and was attached to special forces. I injured my knees really bad weeks before I left and I had Raynaud's disease (didn't know at the time what it was). Definitely wasn't fun being there in the middle of winter and being the machine gunner. The odds were against me, I really should not be alive but I made it back, so I'll take my chances with the GT350, the odds are in my favor this time around lol. If it happens it happens and I'll deal with it

I am more worried about some idiot crashing into me than my engine blowing up to be completely honest. I've had 3 car accidents and all of them were from someone hitting my car that was stationary in a parking lot
I feel the same way as you about someone crashing into me and ruining my car.
Former Blackheart/Strike Force here!

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I feel the same way as you about someone crashing into me and ruining my car.
Former Blackheart/Strike Force here!
Damn, glad you made it out, car accidents are always scary.

Nice! I was in 1st battalion :)

Vagomire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Shelby
Every car ever made in the history of time has broken or will break. Ford is a great company if warranty issues do arise and a brand new 2020 car is going to have a few years of warranty left so I wouldn't sweat it. the 350 is an amazing car
Sponsored