Sponsored

2019 PP2 Order Delay

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I've been lurking and seeing people talk about the 4 month wait period for ordering a Performance Pack Level 2 vehicle so figured I'd give a specific update on that.

Just placed an order through a dealership here and his information is showing that Ford is not processing orders on the PP2 until January 14, 2019. He wasn't provided a specific reason as to why, but said he should have some good info by the end of the week. I'm assuming the magneride and/or digital clusters are holding it up since various people on here have shared the same reasoning.

Of course, as a realist, I'm assuming it's not unlikely that that date gets pushed back even further, but hopefully supplier issues get figured out, if that really is what's holding everything up.

It sucks but I suppose it's worth the wait for getting the exact car you want!
Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
dont worry bro. i was tryna get one since MARCH of this year. ordered 3 times.
Finally getting built this Thursday.
Delivered sometime later this month (EDD 10/22).

Be patient. It will happen. And it will be great.

Although, knowing well ahead that the dealer told you not to expect something until next year is kinda tough to swallow. I was working off the false hopes thinking that nothing was wrong with my order, and it was just taking a long time.

Keep us posted on what your dealer is telling you regarding the magride / digi dash.

Good luck!!

OP
OP

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
dont worry bro. i was tryna get one since MARCH of this year. ordered 3 times.
Finally getting built this Thursday.
Delivered sometime later this month (EDD 10/22).

Be patient. It will happen. And it will be great.

Although, knowing well ahead that the dealer told you not to expect something until next year is kinda tough to swallow. I was working off the false hopes thinking that nothing was wrong with my order, and it was just taking a long time.

Keep us posted on what your dealer is telling you regarding the magride / digi dash.

Good luck!!
Oh yeah, I assumed it would be like this from the get-go. Sucks to actually hear it from the source rather than Mustang forum rumors, but I prepared for the worst.

I don't have any non-refundable deposits or anything so I can back down at any time.

I'll probably just use the interim time to see if I can sell my 4Runner for enough money to offset the trade-in tax credit and then potentially figure out if I just want to try to find a used GT350 instead of waiting for the GT.

We shall see!

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I've been lurking and seeing people talk about the 4 month wait period for ordering a Performance Pack Level 2 vehicle so figured I'd give a specific update on that.

Just placed an order through a dealership here and his information is showing that Ford is not processing orders on the PP2 until January 14, 2019. He wasn't provided a specific reason as to why, but said he should have some good info by the end of the week. I'm assuming the magneride and/or digital clusters are holding it up since various people on here have shared the same reasoning.

Of course, as a realist, I'm assuming it's not unlikely that that date gets pushed back even further, but hopefully supplier issues get figured out, if that really is what's holding everything up.

It sucks but I suppose it's worth the wait for getting the exact car you want!
I ordered up a 2019 Mustang (Magnetic w/PP2) back in early July. Was initially told that Ford did not have all of the PP2 parts in facilitate building the cars. Not a big issue as I have to move two (2) existing Mustangs out to make room in the garage anyway. However, late last week, I was informed that a production date of 10/14/2019 & delivery date of 10/25/2019 was provided to the dealer. All I can say is hang in there.

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
I would guess that any mustang order placed today would be sometime next year before you would get it anyway. I ordered a PP1 mustang in early July and still don't even have a VIN #

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I was pretty fortunate. I ordered an '18 PP2 on 3/7/18 and took delivery 5/22/18 which was 11 weeks. Can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading somewhere back earlier this year that Ford was looking to limit the PP2's to around 1,500 units per model year. Magneride is a controlled commodity and has been an ongoing commodity restraint issue. I had not heard about restraint issues with the digital dash.

tacamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 AC Cobra replica (Unique Motorcars)
I grew up in a Ford dealers family...hardcore Ford guy most of my life. Had and enjoyed a Falcon Sprint (65),Cobra Jet (68), Boss 302 ('69), numerous GTs, a SHO, F-150, F-250, and probably some others I can't recall right now. But I have to ask, what the hell has happened to Ford's business model? It's a travesty. If you want any of the "performance-type" vehicles today like a GT 350/R, Raptor, Bullitt, or now even a PP2, you have to go through a very distasteful monkey dance to find a dealer with a quota, then deal with insane dealer mark-ups, delays, uncertain parts/components availability, production limitations, etc., etc. My brand loyalty is disappearing real fast. I very rarely buy a vehicle on the lot. Cars are very personal to me. Ford has pretty much backed off my buyers radar.

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was pretty fortunate. I ordered an '18 PP2 on 3/7/18 and took delivery 5/22/18 which was 11 weeks. Can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading somewhere back earlier this year that Ford was looking to limit the PP2's to around 1,500 units per model year. Magneride is a controlled commodity and has been an ongoing commodity restraint issue. I had not heard about restraint issues with the digital dash.
I saw the 1,500 figure also. Not knowing if that was a 2018 only number or applied to every model year, I was a bit anxious to get my name on the 2019 PP2 list. I made some inquiries & rec'd a Ford response that the 1,500 only applied to the 2018 model year due to the late intro of the of the PP2 option. Ford will produce them w/no maximum number for the 2019 model year.

OP
OP

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Welp, came across a screaming deal on a 2017 GT350 and am being offered a much better trade in on my 2016 4Runner than I've received from previous dealerships, so I'm going for that instead. Assuming everything works out smoothly, I should take possession of it next weekend.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Welp, came across a screaming deal on a 2017 GT350 and am being offered a much better trade in on my 2016 4Runner than I've received from previous dealerships, so I'm going for that instead. Assuming everything works out smoothly, I should take possession of it next weekend.
Please post up your deal once it's complete. I'd be very interested in the price you're getting for the Shelby

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 GT that the digital dash went out (wiring issue) they called my father yesterday and said the part is on back order and it won't be here till next month. Now I'm not sure if its for the digital dash(they ordered me a new one) or my active exhaust. I ordered my car in August 2017 and received it in January 2018. Be patient it will come. Oh and my car only has 1600 miles on it.

OP
OP

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Please post up your deal once it's complete. I'd be very interested in the price you're getting for the Shelby
Assuming it goes through, it'll be just under $51k with just over 3,000 miles.

Between the price and the higher trade-in they're offering, my payment will be literally exactly the same as if I went with the GTPP2.

GTV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 3.7, 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 PP2
I ordered up a 2019 Mustang (Magnetic w/PP2) back in early July. Was initially told that Ford did not have all of the PP2 parts in facilitate building the cars. Not a big issue as I have to move two (2) existing Mustangs out to make room in the garage anyway. However, late last week, I was informed that a production date of 10/14/2019 & delivery date of 10/25/2019 was provided to the dealer. All I can say is hang in there.
I order PP2 in the end of june, and the ETA is 11/07.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Assuming it goes through, it'll be just under $51k with just over 3,000 miles.

Between the price and the higher trade-in they're offering, my payment will be literally exactly the same as if I went with the GTPP2.
There are a lot of low mileage GT350s popping up right around $50K. I bet when the GT500 comes out there will be even more and the price will drop pretty fast. A lot of guys just need the latest and don't actually drive them much.

OP
OP

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
There are a lot of low mileage GT350s popping up right around $50K. I bet when the GT500 comes out there will be even more and the price will drop pretty fast. A lot of guys just need the latest and don't actually drive them much.
Yeah, its kind of nice that I left the Mustang world right around the time the GT350 came out so I could live in blissful ignorance and not have to deal with ADMs (making them out of touch for me at the time). I know some of them have their issues, but getting back into it now when the prices are much more reasonable is kind of nice. Plus if this one doesn't work out, it seems that I've got plenty of other options either in the GTPP2 or any other used 350 across the country.
Sponsored