Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Pre-Purchase Questions

Dargo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord EX-L V6, Honda Odyssey EX-L
Good Day,

I am considering ordering a 2019 GT, and have a few questions.

I am looking at getting a pretty loaded version of the GT and really like the "Royal Crimson" color. I am leaning towards the auto, although I could be swayed. I have had manual sports cars in the past and have really enjoyed them. However, from what I've read/seen the new 10-speed seems pretty sweet. Also, I will probably do some power mods down the road and am curious if they are better done with the auto, as opposed to the manual.

One question I have is, do you need to get the performance pack to get MagnaRide? It appears that you do. I am considering the performance pack anyway, but that would also mean that I would want to get dedicated winter tires (or all season) and rims for wintertime and switch out the summer tires each year.

Also, I would get the 401A package with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group. My question is, are the seats "accented" in the same color as your exterior? Or is it just white stitching? When using Ford's configuration page, you cannot see the interior changes as you go along (unless I am missing something).

I would also appreciate any advice, or pros and cons, of the getting the performance pack...... or even getting the performance pack 2. Although with the performance pack 2, I would need to get the manual.

Thank you,
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
One thing I can tell you for sure, Royal Crimson is discontinued for MY19. So, if you are set on this color, you might want to start looking for a 2018 on a lot somewhere. One of the Performance Packs is required for Magneride.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Royal Crimson is unavailable in 2019.
Transmission is a matter of choice.
Use of your car- street, drag strip, road course???
Pp1- brakes, larger radiator, staggered wheels, suspension.
PP2 is just more of the same with a square wheel set up preferred by many on a road course (total waste if into drag racing).
Interior--Showstopper red is red seat faces, stitching, and a door accent. The blue is stitching with a bit of blue in the perf seats. Basic google search will get you pictures of each.
Magride--2019 Order guides have been posted in various threads. Just look up the 401A prem cars and see if it is an available option or if it must be tied to PP1.

OP
OP
Dargo72

Dargo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I can tell you for sure, Royal Crimson is discontinued for MY19. So, if you are set on this color, you might want to start looking for a 2018 on a lot somewhere. One of the Performance Packs is required for Magneride.
Ahhhh, thank you. I will check out which colors they will have for 2019 then. I'm not in any rush.

OP
OP
Dargo72

Dargo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Royal Crimson is unavailable in 2019.
Transmission is a matter of choice.
Use of your car- street, drag strip, road course???
Pp1- brakes, larger radiator, staggered wheels, suspension.
PP2 is just more of the same with a square wheel set up preferred by many on a road course (total waste if into drag racing).
Interior--Showstopper red is red seat faces, stitching, and a door accent. The blue is stitching with a bit of blue in the perf seats. Basic google search will get you pictures of each.
Magride--2019 Order guides have been posted in various threads. Just look up the 401A prem cars and see if it is an available option or if it must be tied to PP1.
Thank you. I am leaning towards PP1 with the Magnaride. And now, I am able to see the interior pictures with the "premier" seat upgrade. For some reason, my browser was not allowing me to see/click on interior view before.... odd.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Good Day,

I am considering ordering a 2019 GT, and have a few questions.

I am looking at getting a pretty loaded version of the GT and really like the "Royal Crimson" color. I am leaning towards the auto, although I could be swayed. I have had manual sports cars in the past and have really enjoyed them. However, from what I've read/seen the new 10-speed seems pretty sweet. Also, I will probably do some power mods down the road and am curious if they are better done with the auto, as opposed to the manual.

One question I have is, do you need to get the performance pack to get MagnaRide? It appears that you do. I am considering the performance pack anyway, but that would also mean that I would want to get dedicated winter tires (or all season) and rims for wintertime and switch out the summer tires each year.

Also, I would get the 401A package with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group. My question is, are the seats "accented" in the same color as your exterior? Or is it just white stitching? When using Ford's configuration page, you cannot see the interior changes as you go along (unless I am missing something).

I would also appreciate any advice, or pros and cons, of the getting the performance pack...... or even getting the performance pack 2. Although with the performance pack 2, I would need to get the manual.

Thank you,
As others have stated, Royal Crimson is gone for 2019 which is a shame as it’s a beautiful color.

Transmission comes down to preference, however, the 10-speed is glorious. Go test drive an 18 with one and decide based off of that.

You need PP to get the Magnaride. Many people here suggest going with winter tires and swapping back and forth during particular seasons, but a set of Pilot Sport -3 A/S will also serve you well.

The accent is black leather with white stitching, black leather with blue stitching, or red leather with a mix of black and red stitching. The 2019 Bullitt also has black leather with green stitching available.

OP
OP
Dargo72

Dargo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for all the great, and prompt, feedback.

Once I get home from my current business trip, I plan to check out the GT's up close. I will test drive both the stick and auto, just to be sure.

I'll have to see what colors they have for 2019, and start thinking about that.

Thanks again.....:cheers:

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
And when building your car pretty sure there is something you can click to see interior . And premier trim is just white stichting

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
And when building your car pretty sure there is something you can click to see interior . And premier trim is just white stichting
I wish they had some ceramic premier trim. :/

RC with ceramic interior would look very nice.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Also keep in mind... What will you be doing to it. If you have the notion to buy different wheels down the road, suspension, etc, etc...Some options will not matter as much. I wanted PP for the brakes, and premium package for the interior. I also wanted Recaro seats. With that I had to take the good with the bad when modding. So, I had to ditch the PP suspension, and Wheels. But it was worth it for the brakes.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Get the manual transmission. The 2019 has that sweet sweet auto rev-matching feature.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
First buy the car with all the options you want and know you will wish you had in the future, you don't want to regret the purchase. I know so many people that skip out on small details and then later try to convince themselves to trade in for a new one with the options their last one didn't have, not a smart move.

Get what you want, and if you are going to go with the auto, why not take advantage of the incentives that are out and will be out for the next few months until the 2019's hit the market. If you are going manual, I'd wait for the 19 and get the rev match. Also, being that Crimson is going away, you can still get it in an 18. Some pretty good deals out there already, more to come. I know a high volume dealer in Dallas is running about 5 off sticker plus rebates which I think are around 2k right now, maybe headed to 3k soon. 7-8k is a good starting discount, if you order a 19, you will be a lot closer to sticker unless you wait a bit.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I would go with the 10 speed if it were me. Also, as someone said above, get every option you want, especially if it's going to be a daily driver. I bought a car with just about every option and am so happy I did. Many factory options are difficult and relatively expensive to install at a later date.

My car came with the 20" factory wheels with summer tires, but I replaced them with SVE R350 wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. The tires are awesome in all temps and the wheels are significantly lighter than just about all the factory options. The stock summer tires were no good for the 20 degree winter days up here.

OP
OP
Dargo72

Dargo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would go with the 10 speed if it were me. Also, as someone said above, get every option you want, especially if it's going to be a daily driver. I bought a car with just about every option and am so happy I did. Many factory options are difficult and relatively expensive to install at a later date.

My car came with the 20" factory wheels with summer tires, but I replaced them with SVE R350 wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. The tires are awesome in all temps and the wheels are significantly lighter than just about all the factory options. The stock summer tires were no good for the 20 degree winter days up here.
Thank you the feedback. Yes, I intend to get it pretty much loaded, and agree that I do not want to look back and say I should have gotten this or that.

You bring up a good point about the summer tires. With the PP1, I would get summer tires. However, I was also thinking that I would need to get another set of rims and tires for winter driving here in NJ. Normally from say November to end of February. I guess another option is to just swap out the summer tires right away with performance all-seasons...... thoughts?

I would just hate to not utilize the summer tires.
Sponsored