2019 GT Generator Current Sensor DTC?

iqd97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Isaac
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT | Roush Phase 1 Kit
I keep getting the DTC P0A5A thrown which is “Generator Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance”. However, according to this post, the 2019 GTs don’t even use this sensor. I checked my sensor, same thing as those in the linked post: just a sensor with an empty plug. My car has a Roush supercharger kit, and this code is making the car go into limp mode, no boost :thumbsdown:

Using Forscan I logged the PIDs for Current Sensor, Current Sensor corrected value, and Current Sensor fault status. The corrected value reads 0 and the fault status reads “no fault”, but the raw Current Sensor value is at about -29 Amps.

How is it possible for my PCM to have a code thrown for a sensor that is not even powered? Does the -29 Amps reading from the PID scan indicate a short in the harness?
Sponsored

s550tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I keep getting the DTC P0A5A thrown which is “Generator Current Sensor Circuit Range/Performance”. However, according to this post, the 2019 GTs don’t even use this sensor. I checked my sensor, same thing as those in the linked post: just a sensor with an empty plug. My car has a Roush supercharger kit, and this code is making the car go into limp mode, no boost :thumbsdown:

Using Forscan I logged the PIDs for Current Sensor, Current Sensor corrected value, and Current Sensor fault status. The corrected value reads 0 and the fault status reads “no fault”, but the raw Current Sensor value is at about -29 Amps.

How is it possible for my PCM to have a code thrown for a sensor that is not even powered? Does the -29 Amps reading from the PID scan indicate a short in the harness?
What’s up man? Did you get to the bottom of this code? I’m having the same problem on my 2019 Mustang GT but it’s P0A5B generator current sensor low, been dealing w this code for about a month and I can’t get to the bottom of it