2019 GT Cam Cover gasket replacement

5.0Vonn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jovan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Package 1
I couldn’t find any videos or guides whatsoever on how to do this job. It was really not fun, I was able to get everything out of the way. I ended up having to bend off the bracket that covers the high pressure fuel pump (so I couldn’t reinstall it obviously)After getting the cam cover loose, I was never able to get the cam cover off due to the fuel line that runs to the high pressure fuel pump. There was no way I could tell how to remove it. Behind the engine there was no fuel line disconnects. Does anyone know if having the rubber and bracket off will cause any problems? I’m attaching pictures below.

IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg
Sponsored

SammyG83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What year is that? I didn't have that extra line on my 2017, nor the extra sensors at the back of the cover. I'm sure it would have a disconnect somewhere. The main fuel feed disconnect on the 17 is on the drivers side though. Could be a hard line across the back of the engine and disconnected on the driver side.

I would wrap the tube with some 3M foam or something just to keep any vibrations to a minimum and make sure it isn't rubbing against anything. trust me after 20 years of working on planes, I have seen a fair share of damage caused by vibrations and interference with other parts.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I couldn’t find any videos or guides whatsoever on how to do this job. It was really not fun, I was able to get everything out of the way. I ended up having to bend off the bracket that covers the high pressure fuel pump (so I couldn’t reinstall it obviously)After getting the cam cover loose, I was never able to get the cam cover off due to the fuel line that runs to the high pressure fuel pump. There was no way I could tell how to remove it. Behind the engine there was no fuel line disconnects. Does anyone know if having the rubber and bracket off will cause any problems? I’m attaching pictures below.
I can get you the Ford service documents on how to do it if you send me your vin and email. DM me if you want.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
What year is that? I didn't have that extra line on my 2017, nor the extra sensors at the back of the cover. I'm sure it would have a disconnect somewhere. The main fuel feed disconnect on the 17 is on the drivers side though. Could be a hard line across the back of the engine and disconnected on the driver side.

I would wrap the tube with some 3M foam or something just to keep any vibrations to a minimum and make sure it isn't rubbing against anything. trust me after 20 years of working on planes, I have seen a fair share of damage caused by vibrations and interference with other parts.
Its an 18+ with direct injection. The direct injection has an injector in each cylinder firing directly into the combustion chamber. It has to be super high pressure and needs a high pressure fuel pump.
Sponsored