Sponsored

2019 cotus status question

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Has anybody seen their 2019 order pop up in cotus yet, or is it still too soon?

I know production doesn't begin until June, however, I received my dealer order confirmation printout on 4/9/18... just wondering if I should expect to see anything, or if I should stop obsessively checking each day...
Sponsored

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Im in the same boat - ordered on 4/5. My understanding is that until production begins in June we won't get anything on COTUS if our orders were placed as a Retail Order. If the car was ordered for Dealer Stock it may appear sooner.

I am hoping my info is all wrong however, and that our cars will be here sooner! :)

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I believe that MY19 scheduling began yesterday 4/19, so orders should start showing up in COTUS as they get scheduled. Now in what order they will get scheduled, who knows. If you get the message that a matching vehicle could not be determined, contact your dealer to get status updated about your order, that's an indication that your order has been accepted, just not scheduled or VIN'd yet. Now, if you get the message no matching vehicle found, verify your input and try again, your order has not been accepted yet or you have a bad order number or dealer code.

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I got this from akirby over on Blue Oval. I think we have a while to wait before we see anything as far as scheduling.

"Job 1 is when the first vehicles start rolling off the line. At that point Ford inspects the vehicles as they're made and they have to go 5 straight days with no defects. If they find a defect at 4.9 days, the clock starts over. Might only take a week or two - might take a month or two. During this time because the vehicles being built all have to be held for inspection and possibly repaired before being shipped they only build stock dealer orders. Once they hit the magic 5 days they issue the OK to buy order. Then they start scheduling retail (customer) orders and they start shipping vehicles directly off the line. The previously built vehicles are then re-inspected, repaired and shipped out."

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
Thanks, Davestic. I actually just signed up on the Blue Oval forums to get some more info and I saw this. So it sounds like our vehicles would not be scheduled until July at the earliest, unless they really have tight quality control that first week...

Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I got this from akirby over on Blue Oval. I think we have a while to wait before we see anything as far as scheduling.

"Job 1 is when the first vehicles start rolling off the line. At that point Ford inspects the vehicles as they're made and they have to go 5 straight days with no defects. If they find a defect at 4.9 days, the clock starts over. Might only take a week or two - might take a month or two. During this time because the vehicles being built all have to be held for inspection and possibly repaired before being shipped they only build stock dealer orders. Once they hit the magic 5 days they issue the OK to buy order. Then they start scheduling retail (customer) orders and they start shipping vehicles directly off the line. The previously built vehicles are then re-inspected, repaired and shipped out."
Is there any change on the 19 or just the same car as they build now? my point is the 5 days should be easy.
Lee

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Is there any change on the 19 or just the same car as they build now? my point is the 5 days should be easy.
Lee

Very little change from what I understand/have read.

Stereo manufacturer has changed, some safety/sensing options are now standard and also the color palate changes.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Ordered mine 4/11, dealer says 12 weeks; slight chance it could be before, better chance it could be later.

Was curious who here has an order before me; if/when they get any GOOD info.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Ordered mine 4/11, dealer says 12 weeks; slight chance it could be before, better chance it could be later.

Was curious who here has an order before me; if/when they get any GOOD info.
That's what my dealer told me 12 weeks. (ordered 12-26-2017) Its been over 4 months. COTUS says 6 days now but car is still waiting shipment.
Lee
Sponsored