Sponsored

2018 Mustang Type 2 LCD Digital Instrument Cluster Issue (?)

18Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
I have a concern regarding displays available on my 2018 Mustang Type 2 12” LCD Digital Instrument Cluster.

Pages 89-91 of the 2018 Mustang Owners Manual indicate that the following “analog” gauges (a total of 3) are available in the Gauge Mode for display on the instrument cluster:
Air/Fuel Ratio
Axle Oil Temp *
Boost/Vacuum
Cylinder Head Temp
Inlet Air Temp
Oil Pressure *
Oil Temp *
Trans Oil Temp
Vacuum
Voltage

When accessing the Gauge Mode on my 2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium convertible, those gauge options designated with an asterisk * do not appear? I would like to show the Engine Oil Pressure, Boost/Vacuum along with the Trans Oil Temp on my instrument cluster but only two out of the three “analog” gauges seem to be available.

Did Ford eliminate the Engine Oil Pressure gauge option for my model Mustang at some point or is my “electronic control unit” malfunctioning?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They completely eliminated oil temperature from ALL cars (even from the firmware, so no FORScan fix). But some of the others can be missing in some cars. On my Bullitt, trans oil temp is also missing (probably no sensor at all), as well as boost/vacuum, since it's not turbo, but it had vacuum only. And I said 'had' because replace the gauge pod with the GT350 one with oil temperature... although it's 'fake' (calculated), so a little disappointed by that.

OP
OP
18Turbo

18Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
They completely eliminated oil temperature from ALL cars (even from the firmware, so no FORScan fix). But some of the others can be missing in some cars. On my Bullitt, trans oil temp is also missing (probably no sensor at all), as well as boost/vacuum, since it's not turbo, but it had vacuum only. And I said 'had' because replace the gauge pod with the GT350 one with oil temperature... although it's 'fake' (calculated), so a little disappointed by that.

OP
OP
18Turbo

18Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input. Can't understand why the Engine Oil Pressure gauge option would not be available on my EcoBoost Premium. Somewhat disappointing. Taking it back to the dealership to determine if they can update the software on my car to include it?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
And PP1s have TWO oil pressure gauges available (1 in the dash, and the other in that list); go figure.
Sponsored