Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Finally!!!!!!!!!!! The dealer did a great job with the bumper. Everything is perfect. I am a happy guy!

Side note, I had a damn pebble hop up and scratch my windshield on the drive home. That should help reduce the paranoia of waiting for that first ding. At least it missed the hood.
Well, you got that out of the way. Now you can enjoy the car. :D

I'm happy to hear they fixed the car correctly.
Sponsored

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Haha one more thing I want to share...this is the back license plate slot. I have no idea how they managed to do this, but the left screwhole is completely outside of the template so the plate would hang way off level. I won’t make a big stink about it. I can drill it myself and should be fine, but wow, dude.
465EA92C-92DE-4825-9FF6-E178D269ED61.jpeg

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
This is crap! There is no way a new owner should have to be drilling holes in their brand new Mustang, because the factory does such lousy work. I sincerely hope all the other really important holes in your car were drilled in the proper location.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
This is crap! There is no way a new owner should have to be drilling holes in their brand new Mustang, because the factory does such lousy work. I sincerely hope all the other really important holes in your car were drilled in the proper location.
This was done by the pre delivery guys at the dealer.. Just comical. Not al that surprising. Glad I didn’t let them put a front bracket on.

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
This was done by the pre delivery guys at the dealer.. Just comical. Not al that surprising. Glad I didn’t let them put a front bracket on.
You're a more understanding guy than I am. Any chance these are the same pre delivery guys who backed it into a pole?

Sponsored

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Was the bumper painted by their body shop or pre painted by Ford? Well congrats. Now go seat those piston rings by hitting redline a few dozen times with some engine braking to follow.
They were initially going to paint it at the body shop but they changed plans on that. Bumper was painted by Ford. I’m glad they went that route. Matches perfectly, installed correctly. A+.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
You're a more understanding guy than I am. Any chance these are the same pre delivery guys who backed it into a pole?
Definitely possible. Just glad nobody rolled it over or drove it through a brick wall :-).

Obviously not the pre delivery guy in this story, but I was creeping around the dealer last night looking for my car and there was a car carrier unloading. That guy was driving a brand new raptor around the parking lot like he was on fire.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Soooo close, its only one state away, my GT is still on the train passing thru Utah... 3 days till EDD

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Soooo close, its only one state away, my GT is still on the train passing thru Utah... 3 days till EDD
Soooooo close, so close.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get stuck at the rail yard like others have
We'll hope not also my friend.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Definitely possible. Just glad nobody rolled it over or drove it through a brick wall :-).

Obviously not the pre delivery guy in this story, but I was creeping around the dealer last night looking for my car and there was a car carrier unloading. That guy was driving a brand new raptor around the parking lot like he was on fire.
This is why they need a factory pickup option. Clowns destroying and abusing shit they don't own.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I finally picked up my 2018 Mustang ordered on 1/2/2018, Thursday, 4/26/2018. I got to see the car before it went in for clean up and it was perfect but a bit dirty.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I will do a photo shoot this week. I saw the car Wed. night going in for cleaning. By the time I got to the dealer at 11:30 AM Thursday it was dusty. Virginia pine trees are mating this time of the year. Saturday I went to see a friend who lives in the country. Half a mile on a dirt road. Royal Crimson is an interesting color, it changes quite a bit depending on the light. It drive like a video game on wheels.
Sponsored