Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT knock/tick (HELP)

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
It was built 11/17
Keep bringing it in. Get it documented and save your paperwork. If you're still not satisfied open a claim with ford costumer service. Check your states lemon law as well so you have a understanding of your rights. I have been had big problems with vehicles and the dealer keep putting me off and off. They can make you think that you're crazy and you don't have a problem.... it eventually was bought back by ford. BUT it is a process from start to finish. Hopefully they just acknowledge it and fix it.
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
November has had the most problems. Some issues with the Plasma Transfer Wire Arc.
I didn’t know that. Seems from the posts on here iissues are from all 18-19 my
Where can someone find more info on the early 18’s having issues?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Keep bringing it in. Get it documented and save your paperwork. If you're still not satisfied open a claim with ford costumer service. Check your states lemon law as well so you have a understanding of your rights. I have been had big problems with vehicles and the dealer keep putting me off and off. They can make you think that you're crazy and you don't have a problem.... it eventually was bought back by ford. BUT it is a process from start to finish. Hopefully they just acknowledge it and fix it.
Just look at your receipts from 2 prior dealer visits. You should see something on them re your complaints.

OP
OP

Hudb26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Okay everyone here is the 2K RPM rattle I was talking about. Never stopped throughout the rev. Seem like something is wrong?

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
I didn’t know that. Seems from the posts on here iissues are from all 18-19 my
Where can someone find more info on the early 18’s having issues?
Im sure some issues are still out there on newer models, but from I was told by a family member that works for ford corprate was the early build 18s had plasma wire arc issues. I do think some of what is out there is fear and misinformation which really upsets me for people that actually do have issues. Many people are hearing DI noise...... The main solenoid on the high-pressure fuel pump is what many hearing....it is the extremely high pressures at which the direct-injection fuel system runs. DI will run 1000 Plus PSI compared to under 100 for port injection. As far as more info good luck, i wouldn't have had any idea unless i had my mole in the company!!! lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hudb26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That sounds fine to my ear... I'm getting old though!
Hard to hear really with all the rain and the loud exhaust but when I was listening i couldn’t hear it till near 2000 RPM and had the throttle there throughout the video but once I got down to 1500 rpm on down to idle it went away

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
LOL, stop worrying and drive your car.. almost all the 18+ have the 2k rattle.. you have it documented, as have I, just to make sure. Drive it. before you get the FI installed then have it bore scoped and all to see if its healthy.. thats way better then stressing out the way you are. You can keep taking it to dealership and dealership, they are all going to go out and enjoy your car on a test drive then bring it back and say its ok.. nothing you have posted sounds any different then any 18+ ive heard.. Not saying some have had issues, but the PLC seems to just be a noisier car

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im sure some issues are still out there on newer models, but from I was told by a family member that works for ford corprate was the early build 18s had plasma wire arc issues. I do think some of what is out there is fear and misinformation which really upsets me for people that actually do have issues. Many people are hearing DI noise...... The main solenoid on the high-pressure fuel pump is what many hearing....it is the extremely high pressures at which the direct-injection fuel system runs. DI will run 1000 Plus PSI compared to under 100 for port injection. As far as more info good luck, i wouldn't have had any idea unless i had my mole in the company!!! lol.
So your mole says it’s the Plasma cylinder walls that cause the 2k rattle? But mostly early 18’s
What’s different in the 19’s or later 18’s?

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
So your mole says it’s the Plasma cylinder walls that cause the 2k rattle? But mostly early 18’s
What’s different in the 19’s or later 18’s?

Sponsored

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
All the info I was told was early builds.. November mostly have had higher rates of warranty issues and buybacks. The plasma arc was determined to be the main cause of failure. The shift forks also were early build problems.

No difference between 18s and 19s besides they fixed known manufacting issues.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No difference between 18s and 19s besides they fixed known manufacting issues
Based on what has been posted by owners here for months prior to your 3/1 sign up date ...they haven't fixed known anything. Peeps ...regardless of build date bring these subjects up regurally. Some legit, some not...lurk around a bit and see for yourself that build date has little to do with the complaints posted here. Maybe your mole can expand on the known mfr'ing defects and what has been changed.
If there are truly "defects" in early cars why are dealers now tuning people away calling it a "normal characteristic"
If the OP's car build date falls inside the production window you have described as having "known manufacturing issues" why would the mfr not take action? Usually tsb's and recalls etc explecitily cover a specified time of production with vin start stops.
Maybe your mole can tell you if & when the OP will be getting a letter from Ford outlining his course of action to remedy the "known manufacturing" issue he is having. Or maybe your mole can confirm the tens of 1000's of early owners are not going to get any letter.
Your recommendation to just keep taking it back to the dealership seems peculiar ...is a squeaky wheel gets the oil kinda thing? Seen that here before too. Usually resulting in a replaced engine, only to have same issue immediately after it being replaced.
Does your moles' paycheck read FOMOCO in the top left corner?

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
Based on what has been posted by owners here for months prior to your 3/1 sign up date ...they haven't fixed known anything. Peeps ...regardless of build date bring these subjects up regurally. Some legit, some not...lurk around a bit and see for yourself that build date has little to do with the complaints posted here. Maybe your mole can expand on the known mfr'ing defects and what has been changed.
If there are truly "defects" in early cars why are dealers now tuning people away calling it a "normal characteristic"
If the OP's car build date falls inside the production window you have described as having "known manufacturing issues" why would the mfr not take action? Usually tsb's and recalls etc explecitily cover a specified time of production with vin start stops.
Maybe your mole can tell you if & when the OP will be getting a letter from Ford outlining his course of action to remedy the "known manufacturing" issue he is having. Or maybe your mole can confirm the tens of 1000's of early owners are not going to get any letter.
Your recommendation to just keep taking it back to the dealership seems peculiar ...is a squeaky wheel gets the oil kinda thing? Seen that here before too. Usually resulting in a replaced engine, only to have same issue immediately after it being replaced.
Does your moles' paycheck read FOMOCO in the top left corner?

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
I only know what I have been told... im sure my “mole” only knows what they are told/the computer data “mole” has. I didn’t press the issue seeing “mole” did me a favor and told be to avoid buying that build date.
Yes unfortunately the squeaky wheels eventually gets results. I went through the whole process with a 2016 f150 2.7 eco... it was a huge pain and the certain 2.7 did end up having a issue. Litteraly had smoke pouring out the tail pipe and it was a “normal issue” I had to be a pain in the dealers side to actually have them do something about it. Unfortunately that’s what it seems to take... it’s not right it’s just the way it seems to be.

And I have been on the forum before my sign up date... just thought it was time to become part of it!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So he works for Ford?
Sponsored