2018 GT track use

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I got a '17 PP (equivalent to new PP1) for approximately 7k off sticker.

If you want to do spirited corner carving or occasional track days/autocross, get the PP1. If you're going to be a serious track rat, get the PP2.

The factory upgrades in the two performance packages are WELL worth the asking price.
I wish I had known about the PP2 when I bought my car. Unfortunately, nothing had been talked about concerning it. Hilariously, the majority of the mods I have done to my car are factory mods on the PP2. Ugh lol. It's just how it is.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm looking into the PP1s now and have found some in the range that is execptable for me.

I have flushed the stock fluid in the past and used Motul RBF600.
What all do you use?
RBF600, even when my car still had the 2-piston 12.4" front brakes which would run hotter than any 14" or larger Brembos. I did bleed the fluid until it ran clear-amber prior to every track event, and the initial fluid out of the fronts did start out pretty dark. But there wasn't any noticeable fluid performance degradation in the previous event's later/final sessions despite the color change.

It doesn't bleed nearly as dark with the 4-piston Brembos and SS lines that are on there now.

Norm

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
get the PP1 to get the 6 pistons, you will cook the weak base 4 pistons like Vorshlag did on their 2018 GT track car

http://www.vorshlag.com/blog/?p=1439
Well, shit. I just wasted a bunch of money on what feel like awesome pads for these brakes, now knowing they'll probably be turds (because of the stupid rotor design) when I track them.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I have stock 4 piston calipers on mine. Saleen didn't touch anything with the brakes except for powdercoating them black and a Saleen sticker. On my last track day, I was braking early because I didn't think they would hold up. One of the instructors wanted a ride and during the session noticed they were holding up just fine. So on my last session of the day I braked later at the end of the straight. For most of the day I was more like 7/10ths. On my last session I was 9 to 10/10ths. A highly modified FRS Turbo had something to do with that. So as much as I would've preferred a PP1, the stocks did fine. However, long term wise, I'd put my money on Brembo's. Get the PP1 dude.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Does anyone have the track alignment settings?
Stock toe is OK, but you need more rear and especially front negative camber for the track. Like - 2.5 F / - 2 R.

But front camber is non adjustable stock so you will need camber plates or bolts (bolts hurt tire to shock clearance, limiting tire size).
Sponsored