2018 GT Surge and Hesitation

OP
OP

CDM77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT350 Tech Pack, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I visited my dealer and they let me drive a used 2018 5.0 manual mustang to compare to mine. The throttle surge is present, but not as bad, on that one as well. The clutch was a lot smoother though. We did discuss the possibility of trading mine for another, but it will be a huge financial hit to do that. It's still a possibility, but might not be the smartest decision.

Now my throwout bearing is starting to squeak on a cold start. It goes away after pressing the clutch a few times, but it's another problem that popped up.

I have an appointment in two weeks to have the clutch (hopefully) replaced. I told the service manager that I want to see the clutch and flywheel once the transmission is pulled and he has no problem with that. I will have them once again check into the hesitation while it's there.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
The automatic certainly doesn't suffer from that issue. We almost have the opposite problem. Even in normal driving mode it likes to kick down very aggressively. I've had a few times I've unintentionally swung the back end out.