Sponsored

2018 GT, okay to boost the car with the tick and rattle?

kms0567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I have 100% stock 2018 GT getting motor replaced under warranty because of the tick and rattle. New short block arrived and I am planning to add roush supercharger once the break-in period finishes, however my major concern is whether it is fine to add a blower with having ticking on the motor, it is not guaranteed and most likely the tick will appear in the new motor as well. Also does anyone know exact warranty of the roush warranty? does it cover once it is installed by ford dealer? Thank you
Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have 100% stock 2018 GT getting motor replaced under warranty because of the tick and rattle. New short block arrived and I am planning to add roush supercharger once the break-in period finishes, however my major concern is whether it is fine to add a blower with having ticking on the motor, it is not guaranteed and most likely the tick will appear in the new motor as well. Also does anyone know exact warranty of the roush warranty? does it cover once it is installed by ford dealer? Thank you
Man if that was mine I would be trying to talk the dealer into letting me send that shortblock to a shop and have them check all the specs. And upgrade the connecting rods/pistons. They probably won't go for it, but worth a shot.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
^^^^^This is exactly what I want to do with my engine even before it gets replaced.

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
my motor ticks and rattles. 700hp and tons of 1/4 beat downs... shes still ticking

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
my motor ticks and rattles. 700hp and tons of 1/4 beat downs... shes still ticking
Exactly!

The tick and ratlle paranoia is hilarious.

Joke's on Ford I guess because they keep replacing short blocks only to have the same issue.

Eff it... run it!!

Mine is getting TT's next week.

Sponsored

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Exactly!

The tick and ratlle paranoia is hilarious.

Joke's on Ford I guess because they keep replacing short blocks only to have the same issue.

Eff it... run it!!

Mine is getting TT's next week.
The "tick and rattle paranoia" is actually piston slap.. so it's a real thing.. I'm shocked that Ford has not done a recall on it yet.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
My opinion there is 2 options. use the car the way you want and ignore the noise like you would have if there was no internet. or take it in and let ford work on it until you can lemon it and buy something different
Sponsored