2018 GT Active Exhaust issues with magnaflow midpipe

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium/PP DMG: 2020 GT500 R. Red
I had the Magnaflow resonated X pipe installed on my 2018 GT w/ active exhaust, now I cannot change my exhaust mode. It stays in Normal mode. Is anyone else having these issues? It is back at the muffler shop, I am hoping they can figure it out. I was driving and the digital screen kept flashing, "cannot select exhaust mode", it was creepy. I ordered the straight H pipe, because after all this I hate the sound of the magnaflow resonator. I should of just left it alone! :(
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
there is a post here about it, mine did the same when i installed mine. My issue was the wires at the actuator was pinched byt the harness and body. i loosened it and slide the exhaust forward a bit. some have actually cut the wires.

OP
OP
CajunGirl

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
there is a post here about it, mine did the same when i installed mine. My issue was the wires at the actuator was pinched byt the harness and body. i loosened it and slide the exhaust forward a bit. some have actually cut the wires.
Thank you, I am going to call the muffler shop right now.

OP
OP
CajunGirl

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
I found the post, Thank you!!

Sponsored

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Same problem, the wire in the muffler was cut, Ford had to swap out the right muffler under warranty.

OP
OP
CajunGirl

CajunGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Missy
Vehicle(s)
When the muffler shop put the exhaust back on, they pinched the wires on the passenger side. In turn because the wires were touching the frame, it blew the fuse. So they had to take the mid pipe off, push the entire exhaust towards the front of the car, then replaced the fuse and it works now. I ordered the H pipe, no resonator, because I do not like the resonated magna flow at all, I lost my raspy sound, it makes my car way to flat sounding. It should be in Thursday, but now I know that I have to watch the muffler guys and make sure they do not do pinch the wiring!!
Sponsored