stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Sal,

Assuming the DD ones are for the US market they should be plug & play.

It is not too difficult to re-pin (move the wires around) in this style connector, but for the Euro lamp swap the jumpers make more sense to me since a future owner may put stock US spec lights back on at some point (or swap on different aftermarket US spec) and they would not work !!

I got the LH one by mistake (seller thought it was a US spec lamp as did I) and we agreed on a deal that I didn't need to ship it back.

The Euro Spec Lamp Prices at Levitown (post #12) are about as low as you will find.

My car is a 101A so I bought the US Fog Lamp equipped lamp assemblies.

I'm on the fence as to whether I want to order a RH Euro Lamp or not so I have a pair ... I'd then need to try and sell my 2 US spec ones.

Doug
Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Sal,

Assuming the DD ones are for the US market they should be plug & play.

It is not too difficult to re-pin (move the wires around) in this style connector, but for the Euro lamp swap the jumpers make more sense to me since a future owner may put stock US spec lights back on at some point (or swap on different aftermarket US spec) and they would not work !!

I got the LH one by mistake (seller thought it was a US spec lamp as did I) and we agreed on a deal that I didn't need to ship it back.

The Euro Spec Lamp Prices at Levitown (post #12) are about as low as you will find.

My car is a 101A so I bought the US Fog Lamp equipped lamp assemblies.

I'm on the fence as to whether I want to order a RH Euro Lamp or not so I have a pair ... I'd then need to try and sell my 2 US spec ones.

Doug
Gotcha. So It seems that I can get the set from Levittown for about $350. DiodeDynamics is $400, mostly being plug and play. You gotta add a pin to the oem harness which again isnā€™t difficult, but the less work the better haha. Also Iā€™m sure less people would be running the euro spec over the DD eventually.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
So you need to ADD a pin for the DD lamps ?? I guess if there is an added feature / function on the DD that makes sense as the US & Euro spec lamps only use 5 of the 6 pins in the plug.

Doug

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
So you need to ADD a pin for the DD lamps ?? I guess if there is an added feature / function on the DD that makes sense as the US & Euro spec lamps only use 5 of the 6 pins in the plug.

Doug
I believe the DD lights come with an adapter harness that plugs into the headlamp connector. As far as I believe, there is no modification to the car wiring at all. Unless Iā€™m mistaken, which happens often!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I believe the DD lights come with an adapter harness that plugs into the headlamp connector. As far as I believe, there is no modification to the car wiring at all. Unless Iā€™m mistaken, which happens often!
Our installation video of our Mustang Combination Lamp might be helpful to review!

4:42 Preparing Connectors
6:12 Installing Harness

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

OP
OP
AgentAlex

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Our installation video of our Mustang Combination Lamp might be helpful to review!

4:42 Preparing Connectors
6:12 Installing Harness

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Is it required to install the DRL harness? It was optional for the 2015-2017 sequential turn signals, I'd prefer to not have them as DRLs for my 2021.

Also, if anyone is wondering, you definitely do not have to remove the entire bumper to install these lights. You can just remove the belly pan or just remove the wheels and access through the fender liners.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
When I swapped out my OE 101A assy's. w/o fogs to the OE ones with fogs, needed to just remove the "belly pan" and:
Driverside: HORN assy. (unplug & remove 1 bolt)
Passenger: unplug washer pump, turn wheel fully to right, and push front part of fender liner back & out of the way.

Doug

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Is it required to install the DRL harness? It was optional for the 2015-2017 sequential turn signals, I'd prefer to not have them as DRLs for my 2021.

Also, if anyone is wondering, you definitely do not have to remove the entire bumper to install these lights. You can just remove the belly pan or just remove the wheels and access through the fender liners.
It is not required. If you don't want the DRL feature, you don't need to install the included harness.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Definitely looking forward to getting these..great product šŸ‘Œ
We're working hard here at our headquarters currently assembling fog lamps.

There are several batches undergoing extensive testing for quality control.

unnamed (6).jpg

We cannot wait to get our Mustang combination lamps on pre-order to everyone!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
We're working hard here at our headquarters currently assembling fog lamps.

There are several batches undergoing extensive testing for quality control.

unnamed (6).jpg

We cannot wait to get our Mustang combination lamps on pre-order to everyone!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
I just can't decide between the white or yellow fog lights šŸ˜©

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I just can't decide between the white or yellow fog lights šŸ˜©
They're both a fantastic option but all personal preference!

YK1pl4l.jpg

Please, feel free to PM us for more media if needed for comparing the two-color output options!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Yes definitely
They're both a fantastic option but all personal preference!

YK1pl4l.jpg

Please, feel free to PM us for more media if needed for comparing the two-color output options!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Yes definitely..not sure if the yellow fogs would clash with the orange fury color .

OP
OP
AgentAlex

AgentAlex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Yes definitely..not sure if the yellow fogs would clash with the orange fury color .
I think the yellow fog lights would work great with orange fury. When ever the fogs are turned off, it'll be a clear lens. It would only be yellow when they are turned on.

This is just yellow film on an orange focus, but maybe this gives you a better idea?

IMG_1963.JPG_2017-01-11_10-35-26_580x.png
Sponsored