2018 ecoboost emission question

vetonater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB/ 2022 Oxford White Mach 1
Today I saw two mustang ecoboosts park in the LEV ( low emission vehicle) parking. I drive a 2018 mustang ecoboost and I can’t find anything online answering if the 4 cylinder car actually passes as a low emission vehicle and can legally park there? Does anyone have insight or experience with this. Thank you. Also I live in Tennessee if it varies massively per state.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Isn’t it the same as someone parking in a Handicap designated spot and the person has no handicap? Or ICE vehicles parking in front of Tesla charger stations?

:)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you live, that discriminates based on the car you drive?

here we have handicaps for people who well, should be injured, but I see bodybuilders hopping out the cars and trotting into the gym using handicap spots. blows my mind. how easy it is for some to get those plaqers.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Where do you live, that discriminates based on the car you drive?

here we have handicaps for people who well, should be injured, but I see bodybuilders hopping out the cars and trotting into the gym using handicap spots. blows my mind. how easy it is for some to get those plaqers.
Had a kid like you bust my chops for parking in a handicap spot...on the way into a clinic to help my 84 year old mother come out. He got all chest puffy with me as I was getting out of my car, running his mouth about not being disabled. I ignored him and went to the lobby to get mom. When we came out my mother actually yelled at him, "Leave my son alone you jackass! He is here to pick up a little old lady!"

Snort!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Had a kid like you bust my chops for parking in a handicap spot...on the way into a clinic to help my 84 year old mother come out. He got all chest puffy with me as I was getting out of my car, running his mouth about not being disabled. I ignored him and went to the lobby to get mom. When we came out my mother actually yelled at him, "Leave my son alone you jackass! He is here to pick up a little old lady!"

Snort!
I had it happen to me, my dad was wheel chair handicapped, I would park in the spot to load/unload or get him. had a officer come hassle me, but here came my pops, rolling on up in his mobility chair. guy was still a dick.

the things im talking about, I see it almost 3 times a week, big ass body builders, in gym benching 300lbs, squatting 300lbs, etc. making up numbers, but jacked mofos, parking in the 2 handicaps directly infront of the gym. like 10 feet from door.

meanwhile, actual old ass ladies with bent over hunchbacks are forced to park like 4 rows back, the few I see walk in puffed up proud chested.

I actually asked one, how do you park there. he said if you are 100% disabled veteran or some shit. you get handicap plaque. It doesn't matter what the disabilities are, just that if you are 100%, lets say sleep apnea and random ailmentss. or something like that, you get plaque

well thats ludicrous, because you can be 100% disabled for anything or combined small stuff. none of them affecting walking

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My state used to have an ID card that the plaque owner would get. Cops could ask to see the card if you were using the plaque. If you didn't have the card you would get a ticket and a tow. The PC police stopped the practice over some perceived inequity and now no one cares.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Still I think its bs to give every 100% disabled veteran a handicap LICENSE plate regardless of what the rating is for. that has handicap sign permitting free parking anywhere, I mean. I say this because, you can get 100% PTSD rating, that has nothing to do with walking/movement. you can be 10% with a shit ton of ratings, and get 100%. sleep apnea is 50% etc.

dude looks like a scrawnier Arnold, but you get the point. I see his ass jogging for an hour at a time on the treadmill lol, poor lady walking in to go tanning has to walk 10x the distance.

I am at the gym 5-6 days a week, so its not like I saw it once, I see this every single week.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I try to go through life assuming good intent. What if the jogger dude had agoraphobia from getting bombed while serving his country in a war and the little old lady liked parking farther away so she could get in some exercise?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I try to go through life assuming good intent. What if the jogger dude had agoraphobia from getting bombed while serving his country in a war and the little old lady liked parking farther away so she could get in some exercise?
not digging that scenario, handicap for literally immobile people. if you are healthier to walk, park further. the handicap spot should be empty regardless, if old lady wanted to park in the back, so be it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Back in the months before my mother died she had such a parking sign. It was the sort you hag on the rear view mirror. I discarded it after she passed. But both of my healthy siblings asked me for it. They could not believe I had tossed it.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Back in the months before my mother died she had such a parking sign. It was the sort you hag on the rear view mirror. I discarded it after she passed. But both of my healthy siblings asked me for it. They could not believe I had tossed it.
sorry for your loss, and the comment about healthy people wanting plackquards or whatever. ive heard of people actually doing fraud to get them.!

OP
OP

vetonater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
I live in Tennessee. And it is parking in my work parking lot, but the people here do give out tickets or write up the employee for parking in handicap and not being handicapped, but I still don’t know if the ecoboost is LEGALLY a LEV, if it is I’ll park there but I was just wondering on what metric makes a car LEV parking worthy.

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
I google it and a few showed the EcoBoost met the requirements.
Can't find any that say it qualifies in TN. Probably not.

Last edited:
OP
OP

vetonater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
I google it and a lot of results showed the EcoBoost met the requirements.
Alright. I guess I will start parking there since it’s closer to the entrance until told otherwise by HR🤭

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Alright. I guess I will start parking there since it’s closer to the entrance until told otherwise by HR🤭
say its basically a hybrid. Quiet like one, and sips fuel like one.
Sponsored