Sponsored

2018 active exhaust compatible with 2015??

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Hey guys.

Iam going to ask propably stupid question, but does anyone know if the new active exhaust system from 2018+ model will be compatible (with more or less modification f.e. rear valance panel)with 2015-2017 models?

I like the new active exhaust on 2018+ and want to got it on my 2016. And also - really love the idea of active exhaust since its my daily drive.
The rear 4quad valance panel is also very nice.
Iam from Europe so i didnt had any chance to see 2018 model peronally but maybe there are some of you, that already thought about it...
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I don't think it would have the required wiring for it.
Your best bet is a Roush active system which is probably cheaper than the factory one.

OP
OP
laardilla

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Well... i was thinking bout roush active but i dont like the rear roush quad vallance look, i dont like the exhaust changing knob style and i noticed many ppls had problems with spontaneus active to passive mod change while driving... so those are the reasons :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's controlled by the ECM so the answer is most likely no.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Well... i was thinking bout roush active but i dont like the rear roush quad vallance look, i dont like the exhaust changing knob style and i noticed many ppls had problems with spontaneus active to passive mod change while driving... so those are the reasons :)
So personally, I don't like the Roush quad valance, and I think the Roush quad exhaust sounds like hot garbage. So, I plan to use a Solo Mach XV cat-back, with the rear exhaust split into quad exits, running through a GT350 rear valance. There's really no point to making it active, because there's no alternate route through the muffler system to reduce noise, but it'll sound a hell of a lot better and be at least $1k cheaper.

JR

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we do have the switch path from awe in stock!!!! :)

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Get electric cutouts.