2018 5.0 A10 box - owner opinions?

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
You folks with new 2018 5.0 10sp autos out there, what do you think of the new model/gearbox?

Seen plenty of conflicting opinions/reviews about how it performs but also understand there is some form of 'learning' with the new box so guess it could take sometime to learn driving style and get best out of the box.

I'm considering maybe a shift to the auto from the current 2016 5.0 manual but the local dealer (and ones in their group) don't seem to have one available to test drive in the foreseeable future, so it would be a case of ordering blind and hoping for the best:shock: Been quoted ~30 week delivery times...
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Think they are over estimated the delivery time frame by quite a way, I would say more like 16-18 weeks, I test drove one and the only thing I did not like was when in sport and braking hard it would down shift and make the rear end very twitchy, otherwise a very quick car, but I decided to buy another manual

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Think they are over estimated the delivery time frame by quite a way, I would say more like 16-18 weeks, I test drove one and the only thing I did not like was when in sport and braking hard it would down shift and make the rear end very twitchy, otherwise a very quick car, but I decided to buy another manual
^^^^
This

Did near 2000 miles in the states in one. Great if your fed up of rowing the stick and want a more relaxing cruise and fast accelerating when you boot it at any speed but its a bit jerky on the down change when braking hard coming into a corner or coming to a stop...even braking more gently as it hops and skips down the gears in my experience anyway

OP
OP
Leeroy

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
That's the sort of thing that concerned me. I've always liked a manual in performance cars but thought I might move to an auto as the word is they are quicker and much improved. Also, Mrs Leeroy won't drive the manual so was maybe a reason to get an auto (or not:wink:). Also, I do get a bit annoyed cruising at 50-70 mph with the manual as needs constant shifting from 6-5th if you want to actually move a bit quicker!

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Works great in normal mode. Can be twitchy in sport/race mode - manual drivers can be too

Sponsored

Little John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Seat Leon
I'm considering maybe a shift to the auto from the current 2016 5.0 manual but the local dealer (and ones in their group) don't seem to have one available to test drive in the foreseeable future, so it would be a case of ordering blind and hoping for the best:shock: Been quoted ~30 week delivery times...
Don't know where in N Yorks you are based, but Jennings in Middlesbrough had an A10 demonstrator in a couple of months ago.

OP
OP
Leeroy

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Don't know where in N Yorks you are based, but Jennings in Middlesbrough had an A10 demonstrator in a couple of months ago.
Thanks, might give them a try. I’m near to Malton and stoneacre York is my local dealer
Sponsored