2017 Whipple GT to Evo IX?

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I traded a 2012 Subaru STI for my 2020 GT. I would NEVER go back. I list why in my build thread. The Subie had a 73mm turbo making ~400hp to the wheels. My GT has the Roush blower kit.

Also, 2017 to 2006 tech and interior comforts will be quite a downgrade.
Sponsored

OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I traded a 2012 Subaru STI for my 2020 GT. I would NEVER go back. I list why in my build thread. The Subie had a 73mm turbo making ~400hp to the wheels. My GT has the Roush blower kit.

Also, 2017 to 2006 tech and interior comforts will be quite a downgrade.
Yeah I owned a 05 WRX (rotated GT30 on E85) and an 08 STi as well. Subarus are a different kind of scare 😂😂

My mustang is definitley the fastest car I’ve ever owned, but the Evo is a bucket list type car for me.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yeah I owned a 05 WRX (rotated GT30 on E85) and an 08 STi as well. Subarus are a different kind of scare 😂😂

My mustang is definitley the fastest car I’ve ever owned, but the Evo is a bucket list type car for me.
That's just it right there. Some cars are not about them being faster or better, it's about the "gotta have it" factor for you. I like to spend time window shopping on BAT looking at cars I know I will never have. They are not out of thus world type, but to me they fall under that same want you speak of. Evo, 90s MR2 turbo, 04 Cobra, 04 lightning & so on.

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
That's just it right there. Some cars are not about them being faster or better, it's about the "gotta have it" factor for you. I like to spend time window shopping on BAT looking at cars I know I will never have. They are not out of thus world type, but to me they fall under that same want you speak of. Evo, 90s MR2 turbo, 04 Cobra, 04 lightning & so on.
I'm still gonna say, keep the Mustang. The excitement will wear off with any of those cars, especially once you start having to fix things that inevitably will go wrong at the worst time. Maybe you just need to drive one and be disappointed?
I do get it though, I've got an old Mercedes C230 Kompressor, W202 body. I keep thinking, "man, I've got to sell this old thing, it just takes up space", but then I drive it, and that goes away. Even though its slow, doesn't handle great, isn't really luxurious, and has its share of little flaws and wear and tear, it ends up staying in my driveway. It has some soul I guess, I just like the damn thing. I like the boxy bodystyle, the weird ass cupholder that folds out like some sort of robot arm, the supercharger whine making a whopping 4.5 pounds of boost, the vacuum operated locks and headrests (!) the smell of the car, etc.
Maybe find a nice older car that hits the spot just right and isn't terribly unreliable just to drive to work. Wanna buy a C230? Don't sell the Mustang though, I think you'll regret it.

OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Yeah man, I had a 91 MR2 that I was trying to turbo swap, never got it running, and sold it for 1/4 of what I had into it. There’s so many cars I want to own in my life hahah.

Sponsored

OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I'm still gonna say, keep the Mustang. The excitement will wear off with any of those cars, especially once you start having to fix things that inevitably will go wrong at the worst time. Maybe you just need to drive one and be disappointed?
I do get it though, I've got an old Mercedes C230 Kompressor, W202 body. I keep thinking, "man, I've got to sell this old thing, it just takes up space", but then I drive it, and that goes away. Even though its slow, doesn't handle great, isn't really luxurious, and has its share of little flaws and wear and tear, it ends up staying in my driveway. It has some soul I guess, I just like the damn thing. I like the boxy bodystyle, the weird ass cupholder that folds out like some sort of robot arm, the supercharger whine making a whopping 4.5 pounds of boost, the vacuum operated locks and headrests (!) the smell of the car, etc.
Maybe find a nice older car that hits the spot just right and isn't terribly unreliable just to drive to work. Wanna buy a C230? Don't sell the Mustang though, I think you'll regret it.
I agree and I most likely will keep it. I know I would regret it the moment I did it. The evo would put a bandaid on my soul, but there would be a hole for sure

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Yeah I agree. I would not get rid of the Mustang. Just add on to the one he has with the Evo. I hardly play the Lotto. Only play when it gets to a real high amount. I tell my wife of we won we would still have a modest home, nothing crazy, but, but. We would have a bout 3 Morton buildings on the property with about 365 cars. A man can dream!

OP
OP
s550cano

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Yeah I agree. I would not get rid of the Mustang. Just add on to the one he has with the Evo. I hardly play the Lotto. Only play when it gets to a real high amount. I tell my wife of we won we would still have a modest home, nothing crazy, but, but. We would have a bout 3 Morton buildings on the property with about 365 cars. A man can dream!
Hahah I tell mine the same thing. And a huge garage with about 4 lifts and a dyno. Dreams!
Sponsored