Sponsored

2017 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
Just got a call from the dealer. PONY IS IN!!!! I'll pick it up tonight. Date just kept getting earlier and earlier. I'll try to post a pic or two tomorrow. Lightening Blue, Black stripe and black rims. Should be a little on the sinister side. OH YAAAAH!!!!
Congratulations! Definitely post some pictures.
Sponsored

Tweet_this

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thor : '17 GT Prem, LB, PP
Quick wash and some sun to get a better showing of the color. Phone camera isn't that great as I still think it looks better in person. :love:
Man oh man oh man! :clap2:
Just so beautiful!! I'm jelly and happy for you at the same time :D
Friday just can't come fast enough! Enjoy! :cheers:

P.S. I also noticed a lot of people ordered the LB. It's turning out to be one of the most popular 2017 colors.

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
That is sharp! Looks a lot nicer than how I first felt when I saw the spy shots. Congrats man.
Quick wash and some sun to get a better showing of the color. Phone camera isn't that great as I still think it looks better in person. :love:
I've asked my dealer to not drill my front bumper as I'm installing the Sto-n-Sho plate mount as well as not to detail or touch the paint and I'm going to do a full detail when I bring it home. They went above that and said they'd leave the plastic on it for me :eyebulge: I get to unwrap it myself! On that note, detailing supplies ran up over $250 but most of the products will last quite a long time anyways so it's very worth it.

Also got the billet clutch extension in, looks very solid. Just have to go get the Steeda clutch spring this weekend and I'll be ready to bring her home and start my intro mods as soon as she's here!

Tweet_this

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I already told my dealer not to drill any holes in the front bumper and they obliged. Now I'm considering whether or not to tell them not to even wash the car so I can do it myself. Problem is, I don't have any good detailing products to use. I'd have to order some and leave the car dirty for a few days while waiting.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Yea, I already told my dealer not to drill any holes in the front bumper and they obliged. Now I'm considering whether or not to tell them not to even wash the car so I can do it myself. Problem is, I don't have any good detailing products to use. I'd have to order some and leave the car dirty for a few days while waiting.
I told mine not to wash it...and um well I have detail products but, it hasn't been washed yet either. It's been way longer than a few days....5 cars..hard to keep them all clean. Unfortunately vacation in the middle of it too. Friday is GT detail day!

Tweet_this

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't do a new car without a wash for more than 3 days. I think I'll ask them not to wash it and do it myself. I'd rather blame myself if I twirl it up than have the dealer mess up the paint before I even pick the car up.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I would drive it dirty. But unless you are going to be the only one who ever washes your car, no reason not to let the dealer do it up front. But if you don't let them wash it, you will have a hard time convincing them any scratches, etc you find when you get around to washing it didn't happen after delivery. It can be hard to spot miner stuff under mud or something splashed on the car while on the truck. So make that part of your decision.

But I always let them detail the interior. The interior is just a bunch of prefinished parts and anything they mess up can be fixed with an identical replacement. Not so much with paint which may require even adjacent panels to be painted to blend repairs or they have to remove half your clear coat to remove minor scratches. And even the best paint repairs will be discernible if you look hard enough. Most people wouldn't care but if you are like me and aren't one of them, don't let anyone else touch the paint.

Sponsored

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Never let a dealer touch my car. If I find a scratch on it later I'll get with them on it. Given I've barely driven it they can't say much. Hard to get a scratch sitting in my driveway. Lol

Tweet_this

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would drive it dirty. But unless you are going to be the only one who ever washes your car, no reason not to let the dealer do it up front. But if you don't let them wash it, you will have a hard time convincing them any scratches, etc you find when you get around to washing it didn't happen after delivery. It can be hard to spot miner stuff under mud or something splashed on the car while on the truck. So make that part of your decision.

But I always let them detail the interior. The interior is just a bunch of prefinished parts and anything they mess up can be fixed with an identical replacement. Not so much with paint which may require even adjacent panels to be painted to blend repairs or they have to remove half your clear coat to remove minor scratches. And even the best paint repairs will be discernible if you look hard enough. Most people wouldn't care but if you are like me and aren't one of them, don't let anyone else touch the paint.
This is about the best reasoned pro vs con answer I've got since asking about this topic. Thanks. :thumbsup:
I guess my biggest worry was that the dealer would run a quick wash just to get it to me same day it arrives and leave some scratches on the paint before I have a chance to put the paint protective film on (I'm considering XPEL film btw). On the flip side, they won't be able to tell what is already wrong if they don't wash it. I guess I'll call them and ask that they take their time with the wash, detail and inspection. I've waited 2 months for the car, I can wait another day or 2 :D

Either way, I'll also do my own paint check and get back to the dealer ASAP if anything is slightly off. They already know I'm OCD about that stuff since I declined to buy another mustang that had the trunk lid slightly misaligned.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Dealer did not wash mine either (per request) and i drove it home with the plastic still on it, even the seats. I actually haven't pull it off the door handles and carpet yet. Be aware even without the front plate there are still dimples Ford puts there to start the screws for the plate bracket, ugh. I have been thinking Craig's bracket merely because it mounts the plate at bumper level instead of bt the splitter that I don't think looks good at all.

Edit: we did hose off the car and did a very detailed look at the paint for scratches. I did find 2 scuff marks on both rear corners after washing but they came right off. Other than that paint seems flawless but I am sure there is something there just waiting for me to find it, always is.

Tweet_this

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer did not wash mine either (per request) and i drove it home with the plastic still on it, even the seats. I actually haven't pull it off the door handles and carpet yet. Be aware even without the front plate there are still dimples Ford puts there to start the screws for the plate bracket, ugh. I have been thinking Craig's bracket merely because it mounts the plate at bumper level instead of bt the splitter that I don't think looks good at all.

Edit: we did hose off the car and did a very detailed look at the paint for scratches. I did find 2 scuff marks on both rear corners after washing but they came right off. Other than that paint seems flawless but I am sure there is something there just waiting for me to find it, always is.
Thanks Rustang. Yea, the dealer told me the dimples might be there but not much noticeable. I think I'll just ask them to do their thing but take their time. I don't think they can detail the interior without taking off the plastics so I'll live with that.

I have asked them to take a ton of photos and even videos if possible for my planned build thread. So there's that at least. :thumbsup:

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White

I think I will have to join you in driving it home with the plastic on. Today I ordered the Klasse twins (AIO cleaner and High Gloss Sealant Glaze) and Collinite 845 which will seal, wax and shine it up real good. It should definitely be here before the car.

Good to know those scuffs came off.

Edit: PM from FordService. My car has been born as is awaiting shipping! So close :D
Sponsored

Last edited: