S550Felipe

S550Felipe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felipe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You may have a problem with the clutch pedal switch, which detects the position of the pedal.

Normally, this switch detects the end position when the pedal is fully pressed in.
Since this switch is a condition for ignition, the START button will only react when the clutch switch is closed (pedal fully pressed).

In your case clutch switch may be closed before the pedal reaches its final position, but not any more on the final position itself.

Therefore, the ignition only starts when the START button is pressed and the pedal passes the switch-on point for a moment.

You can test this by sequentially pressing the START button while slowly depressing clutch pedal (take care to be in neutral gear during this test+brake is applied).

If on some position of the pedal engine will ignite, you have the problem with the switch mentioned above.
Dude ! Thanks ! The clutch pedal switch wasn’t even connected. It’s weird because the switch wasn’t hanging down, instead it had a zip tie holding it. I wonder if the previous owner did this on purpose ?? Anywho ! Thank you !
Sponsored

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
@S550Felipe, nice to hear I was helpful.
Please come back with the information when you reconnect the switch.
I'm curious if the start sequence will now work as described in Owner's manual.

OP
OP
S550Felipe

S550Felipe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felipe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@S550Felipe, nice to hear I was helpful.
Please come back with the information when you reconnect the switch.
I'm curious if the start sequence will now work as described in Owner's manual.
Start sequence is normal now ! Thanks I appreciate it a lot !

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Dude ! Thanks ! The clutch pedal switch wasn’t even connected. It’s weird because the switch wasn’t hanging down, instead it had a zip tie holding it. I wonder if the previous owner did this on purpose ?? Anywho ! Thank you !
I guess it would deter theft. I can't imagine a car thief being able to figure out that you have to hold the button down, then brake, then clutch. I've never heard of that sequence on any car.
Sponsored