Sponsored

2017 GT350 - Oxford White w/Kona Stripes - 26k miles. Good deal?

dlush315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FR-S
Hello all-

I am currently considering an Oxford White GT350 with 26k miles. Dealer is willing to do $43k.

It has a clean CarFax, single owner. I did notice quite a lot maintenance inspections (one roughly every 2k miles). Not sure if the owner was meticulous or the car may have had issues.

I was also considering the Ford ESP for PremiumCare till 2022 or 75,000 miles.

All in, I am trying to figure if this is a good deal or I should look elsewhere. Anyone have a two cents you could throw in? Is this mileage a cause for concern?
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
26k is lots of miles. at the very least, you need to inquire about its oil consumption and any issues pertaining to this. if possible I would want to have a mechanic who's familiar with the GT350 look it over. for me I would pass, but others may think otherwise.

OP
OP
dlush315

dlush315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FR-S
26k is lots of miles. at the very least, you need to inquire about its oil consumption and any issues pertaining to this. if possible I would want to have a mechanic who's familiar with the GT350 look it over. for me I would pass, but others may think otherwise.
Yah I have a friend with a 350 and his advice was to stay away and pony up the extra cash for one with lower miles. Though if I purchased the ESP for 2022 or 75k, I could get 50k miles of worry-free driving out of it. Trying to figure out if this deal is worth pursuing or not...

shelbyzim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Sounds like a lot of miles on a 2017...

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I’ll go the other way on this. I’d find out how the miles were put on but good chance it was a long distance commuter. In the whole scheme of I things - 26k miles isn’t a lot...time not a factor - a buyer would consider that a car with lots of life remaining. A voodoo knocking on the door of high-30s seems like a steal - I didn’t think we’d even see them that low in the 40s forever. If I can get one with under 50k in the mid 30s, I’m buying one to daily!

I have to ask this very important question - did this deal involve you trading a car in?

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Also note that 2017 (and 2018) blue stripes are Lightning blue, not Kona blue. Kona stripes are on 2019 models.

OP
OP
dlush315

dlush315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FR-S
I’ll go the other way on this. I’d find out how the miles were put on but good chance it was a long distance commuter. In the whole scheme of I things - 26k miles isn’t a lot...time not a factor - a buyer would consider that a car with lots of life remaining. A voodoo knocking on the door of high-30s seems like a steal - I didn’t think we’d even see them that low in the 40s forever. If I can get one with under 50k in the mid 30s, I’m buying one to daily!

I have to ask this very important question - did this deal involve you trading a car in?
Yes it does unfortunately. And the dealership is quite the distance (11 hours away) which leaves me thinking they will haggle my trade to make up for it given I am so far away. I'm tempted to just forget it at this point.

OP
OP
dlush315

dlush315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FR-S
Also note that 2017 (and 2018) blue stripes are Lightning blue, not Kona blue. Kona stripes are on 2019 models.
My bad, thanks for clarifying!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes it does unfortunately. And the dealership is quite the distance (11 hours away) which leaves me thinking they will haggle my trade to make up for it given I am so far away. I'm tempted to just forget it at this point.
Makes more sense. $43k and a trade isn't quite the same as just "GT350s are almost in the 30s". A lot of variables with trade-ins. You're not really getting their car for 43 if they underpay for your trade-in, ya know? You're right though - there's a good chance there will be some hassle with the dealer with this kind of arrangement. You'd need to get the entire agreement lined up in advance to even think about doing this.
Sponsored