Sponsored

2017 Fusion to get 2.7L Ecoboost V6

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
surprised Mustang EB didn't get this first. Does the Fusion really need 350 lb ft of torque ?

The 2017 Fusion goes on sale this summer starting at $22,995, and the Sport arrives a few weeks later for $34,350.

$34,350. :shocked:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
OP
OP
Trappen

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
I like the lights and new grill a lot!
I don't mind the grill just not big on the lights. Wish they had a bit more surface to them.

But meh, I am most likely not going to get one anyhow so my opinion is moot I guess.

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
I had a 2013 Fusion before this Stang. Loved that car. I was really wanting a sport or ST Fusion with 300+ HP and then the S550 came out and I had to have that. I've always been a sedan guy, they're just super practical to me. I'm on a lease so it's going to be really tough on getting another Stang or this... I'm in love with both but miss my back seat.

Fusions look good stock, but they can look killer with some good looking wheels and a slight drop.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm predicting they put that in the 2018/19 mustang eb tuned to around 350/370

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I had a 2013 Fusion before this Stang. Loved that car. I was really wanting a sport or ST Fusion with 300+ HP and then the S550 came out and I had to have that. I've always been a sedan guy, they're just super practical to me. I'm on a lease so it's going to be really tough on getting another Stang or this... I'm in love with both but miss my back seat.

Fusions look good stock, but they can look killer with some good looking wheels and a slight drop.
I would have strongly considered this car as well. While I am not crazy about the grill and lower fascia on this car, it is not offensive either.

The Focus ST was a little too compromising in overall space (cargo space is not as practical as the Mustang) and it was a little too go-cart like for my tastes. If the Fusion Sport were to come with a manual transmission, would have been very hard to pass up. As it is, I am sure it will be a good balance of fun and practical, but not a Mustang competitor for most people.

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
I'm thinking this will put an end to the taurus line and replace the SHO. sure looks like a nice ride.

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
I'm thinking this will put an end to the taurus line and replace the SHO. sure looks like a nice ride.
Hopefully not. The Taurus is quite a bit larger car than the Fusion and the SHO's performance is pretty nice. Not very popular though. Taurus just needs another face lift I feel.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Hopefully not. The Taurus is quite a bit larger car than the Fusion and the SHO's performance is pretty nice. Not very popular though. Taurus just needs another face lift I feel.
I do not think that a facelift is what it needs. The problem with the Taurus, in my opinion, is that it is a very big car with a very big trunk (would be a great 50's era mob boss car, many body trunk), yet it has a very small interior. Sitting in them back to back, the Fusion has more real-world interior space (except the trunk). The Taurus has big, thick doors, thick seats and a huge center console that makes it feel very cramped inside. Even the rear seats are crunched for knee room. The interior on the Taurus needs to become more lean so it is slightly more spacious to match its exterior physical size.

Sponsored

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
just seems the car hasn't changed AT ALL in 3-4 years, seems like they are focusing on the fusion and will kill the taurus.

i own a sho, i do agree, for such a huge car the interior is small. its still very comfortable tho and the huge trunk/performance/awd is exactly why i purchased it... if they are going to kill it off tho i will most likely get rid of it before the value goes to nothing. we shall see what happens

bootyeater69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOr GT MT-82
any word on if this fusion sport engine will make it to the Mustang? I'm thinking in a RWD application 400/400 is possible

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Don't forget that it will also be AWD! That's a pretty killer combination! Wonder if this will be the same or similar AWD system to the Focus RS.

On that note, it's interesting that the Fusion, with a much larger EB V6 is making actually a bit less hp/tq as the small EB 4cyl in the Focus RS. Why not just adapt the Focus RS engine/drivetrain and call it a Fusion RS? That would be pretty sweet!

On paper, this Fusion Sport reminds me of the Mazdaspeed 6...which Mazda really needs to bring back with the current gen 6. As a previous owner of a Mazdaspeed Protégé and a Mazdaspeed MX-5, it always annoyed me that they only had 1 Mazdaspeed car at a time...
Sponsored