Randy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt convertible
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share that k reached out to Motive Mods, and Roger said that the "Mustang6G" code is active again until the end of February, if you're interested!

Thanks
Bummer missed this by two days

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Just contact them, I’m sure they’ll keep it active or reactivate it for you.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Question about the SmartTop! When it goes into Sport+ automatically, does that change the start up exhaust to Sport+ too or does the exhaust still start up “normal”?
Also, does the quiet time mode override the smarttop (if set), or does the module override the quiet time exhaust?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Question about the SmartTop! When it goes into Sport+ automatically, does that change the start up exhaust to Sport+ too or does the exhaust still start up “normal”?
Also, does the quiet time mode override the smarttop (if set), or does the module override the quiet time exhaust?
I'll go double check, but IIRC the "automatic mode set" is kind of like a post start manu-matic kind of thing, i.e., the car starts and the mode/settings/etc., are all like stock, then a second or two later, the module switches things based on how it's configured - it's almost like you started the car, waited a couple of seconds and then flipped the mode switch manually.

Sponsored

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'll go double check, but IIRC the "automatic mode set" is kind of like a post start manu-matic kind of thing, i.e., the car starts and the mode/settings/etc., are all like stock, then a second or two later, the module switches things based on how it's configured - it's almost like you started the car, waited a couple of seconds and then flipped the mode switch manually.
Gotcha! From what I’ve read it doesn’t work with the remote start, so I would assume if the SmartTop overrides everything once the car starts, that if you have quiet time set and remote start it, it would follow the quiet time procedure. Thanks

Dhruvchadha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhruv
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Volvo XC 60
What are you experiences and impression when comparing a convertible with a fastback? As I search for options, I am leaning towards a convertible (because fun!!) but worried about the following:

1. From a handling perspective would it be so bad that it might be dangerous...especially in a V8 where it's very easy to swing the tail on hard acceleration or slick surfaces, does it add to the complications?
2. If considering a convertible, does it makes sense to go with a 2.3L instead of V8? Again from a handling perspective.
3. Does it make sense to have GT Performance Package in a Convertible, considering it will not be a track car like ever?
3. Unlike the German counterparts, doesn't look like there is a head protection system in case of roll-overs...what do you think about that?

Thanks in advance,
DC

Jay Marcase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vert Eco Prem
What are you experiences and impression when comparing a convertible with a fastback? As I search for options, I am leaning towards a convertible (because fun!!) but worried about the following:

1. From a handling perspective would it be so bad that it might be dangerous...especially in a V8 where it's very easy to swing the tail on hard acceleration or slick surfaces, does it add to the complications?
2. If considering a convertible, does it makes sense to go with a 2.3L instead of V8? Again from a handling perspective.
3. Does it make sense to have GT Performance Package in a Convertible, considering it will not be a track car like ever?
3. Unlike the German counterparts, doesn't look like there is a head protection system in case of roll-overs...what do you think about that?

Thanks in advance,
DC

IMO it doesn't matter if the car is a Fastback or Convertible if the driver doesn't know how to operate a high horsepower RWD vehicle. You can swing the tail easily in the Ecoboost too, there's no safe haven in the Mustang line if you don't know how to operate a RWD vehicle.

If you don't care about the speed then let price, fuel economy, and insurance be the deciding factor.

See answer to question 2.

1. Don't drive it in ways that will make the car prone to roll over. 2. I drive with the top down like I'm in a motorcycle, I stay extra vigilant and pretend like everything can run me over. There are computer assist to help you from rolling over from your own mistakes but nothing there if you get into an accident. However, if its a major concern get a roll bar or buy a German car.

Dhruvchadha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhruv
Vehicle(s)

IMO it doesn't matter if Coupe or Convertible if you don't know how to drive a high horsepower RWD vehicle. You can swing the tail easily in the Ecoboost too, there's no safe haven in the Mustang line if you don't know how to operate a RWD vehicle.

If you don't care about the speed then let fuel economy and insurance be the deciding factor.

See answer to question 2.

1. Don't drive it in ways that will make the car prone to roll over. 2. I drive with the top down like I'm in a motorcycle, I stay extra vigilant and pretend like everything can run me over. There are computer assist to help you from rolling over from your own mistakes but nothing there if you get into an accident. However, if its a major concern get a roll bar or buy a German car.
Thanks Jay!

Sponsored

Dhruvchadha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhruv
Vehicle(s)
‘Any time. Now go have one of those delicious ribeyes at Whiskey Cake for me. Or better yet, the Garlic Filet at The Ranch in Irving!
Aah... A fellow dfw dweller... Whiskey cake is my go to place... But need to try your other suggestion....

Randy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt convertible
Hello all, iI checked, and the 6g code does not work. They mentioned they could do something if I could get few people interested. Any interested folks out there?

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone confirm if MyMode selection works with the memory feature? Looking for it to default into Sport, not Sport+ mode (don't want the Sport+ steering or suspension).

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Can anyone confirm if MyMode selection works with the memory feature? Looking for it to default into Sport, not Sport+ mode (don't want the Sport+ steering or suspension).
I can confirm that on the version of software mine is on, when I have the setting enabled and the car was on the MyMode setting last time I stopped it will start in normal then change to my mode shortly after that.

They released a new software version but I haven’t installed it yet.
Sponsored