Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
If the epidurals don't work next month I have to get plates installed. All I know is I better be good when this car rolls off the truck. And it better not be backed off the truck either :paddle: I'll come unglued on a driver...
Good luck man !

I am heading out right now to pick my 2017 up at the dealership. Did all the paperwork ahead of time so all I have to do is get the keys and step on the gas !
Sponsored

cjgehinscott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray Blue OTT w/ Electronics(Sold) 2020 GT350R HEP w/ Tech Pack
Delivery week of 9/11/2016!!! This is going to be the longest 3 weeks of my life that's for sure.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Delivery week of 9/11/2016!!! This is going to be the longest 3 weeks of my life that's for sure.
Congrats!! just got my delivery week of 9/22... the wait is brutal!

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'll be happy to just get an order # this week :frusty: But then again my order was technically placed on 8/26 since Ford sent the first one back...

carmymausten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R on Order
I'm new to this board so I'll apologize in advance if I ask a question that has been answered somewhere else. I ordered an 'R' this week from a dealer in So Cal and received an order number and priority # 10 (whatever the heck that means). If you had to guess, probably 6 months for delivery? My dealer says 3 to 4 months but I don't think they have any idea.

Sponsored

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The wait is really starting to get to me...still on UMH after ordering back in April. Starting to look at 2017s on the lot as well as some 2016 Track packs where I could probably work a good deal. I have a track weekend coming up at VIR in early Nov, and at this point its not looking like the one I'm ordering has any chance of arriving before then.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The R is going to take longer. And if you ordered the convenience package 67U like I mentioned previously in this thread it might be some time before you get it. They don't have the seats....

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
The wait is really starting to get to me...still on UMH after ordering back in April. Starting to look at 2017s on the lot as well as some 2016 Track packs where I could probably work a good deal. I have a track weekend coming up at VIR in early Nov, and at this point its not looking like the one I'm ordering has any chance of arriving before then.
Same for me, ordered in April and nothing but UMH every week. I've started to feel out 2017s on the lot as well, mainly out of concern (perhaps irrationally but perhaps not) that my build will never actually happen. I only want a 2017 in maybe 3 colors so it hasn't gone so well thus far.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The R doesnt get heated and cooled seats so that wouldnt hold anything up. There is nothing slowing down R production but the normal limited 10 to 14 produced a week.
Best thing to do is find out from your dealer when you allocation will be entered into the system. They all have a time slot. Expect 3 months from when allocated to the system for your car to show. The cutoff for deliveries for the R is late november as they dont ship the Rs freezing because of tires cracking. That would put the allocation needing to be in the system by now to get a car before shut down for the R. I believe they restart production on March 1st of '17.

carmymausten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R on Order
So if I have a vehicle order confirmation receipt, does that mean it's been allocated or is there another step between that and receiving a Vin #? Thank You.

Sponsored

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
So if I have a vehicle order confirmation receipt, does that mean it's been allocated or is there another step between that and receiving a Vin #? Thank You.
You have an order in the queue. Next you will receive a build week and a VIN at the same time or shortly thereafter. Then you will get a build date and window sticker.

FYI having an order number doesn't mean the dealer has an actual allocation. Your dealer is the only source of confirming an allocation, it appears.

Welcome to the waiting game :frusty:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
A VOC is meaningless. It doesn't prove that the dealer has an allocation for an R.

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The R is going to take longer. And if you ordered the convenience package 67U like I mentioned previously in this thread it might be some time before you get it. They don't have the seats....
Mine isn't an R, and I ordered the Electronics package, so the seat issue shouldn't be slowing me down. My dealer swears up and down that they have 4 allocations, 1 R, and three "regular", and I have their first "regular" allocation.

Patience is still something I am trying to master...:headbonk:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine isn't an R, and I ordered the Electronics package, so the seat issue shouldn't be slowing me down. My dealer swears up and down that they have 4 allocations, 1 R, and three "regular", and I have their first "regular" allocation.

Patience is still something I am trying to master...:headbonk:
Is it a bigger dealer or a small dealer? My dealer says they've been getting them in 6-8 weeks but it's a fairly big dealer that does tons of sales each month. The only one they've been having issues with I guess is the Focus RS but that's a German build. I'm still not holding my breath on even 8 weeks hearing everyone elses stories on wait times :mad: I honestly don't see why dealer relationship should have anything to do with it in the first place. Shouldn't they be pulled in the order it was received as long as the parts for that build are on hand? Say I ordered mine next week and get in 8-10 weeks but someone ordered the exact same car from a smaller dealer a month before I did but I get mine first, isn't that like playing favorites at the consumers expense and sanity...

DirtRoadTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is it a bigger dealer or a small dealer? My dealer says they've been getting them in 6-8 weeks but it's a fairly big dealer that does tons of sales each month. The only one they've been having issues with I guess is the Focus RS but that's a German build. I'm still not holding my breath on even 8 weeks hearing everyone elses stories on wait times :mad: I honestly don't see why dealer relationship should have anything to do with it in the first place. Shouldn't they be pulled in the order it was received as long as the parts for that build are on hand? Say I ordered mine next week and get in 8-10 weeks but someone ordered the exact same car from a smaller dealer a month before I did but I get mine first, isn't that like playing favorites at the consumers expense and sanity...
It is a small-ish dealer. Probably part of the issue.
Sponsored