Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I got my order number this morning. One step down...
Sponsored

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
All it said was that they were at risk of loosing production of the model. Not sure what they meant by that as far as dropping production completely for the 67U or what. It was straight from the factory though and I feel extremely fortunate that they received that now and didn't just put it on a materials hold with no explanation. The dealer does have a good relationship with them though so that might have helped. I would urge anyone that's on a materials hold to push the dealer to contact Ford and switch to 67T with Recaros or who knows how long you will be waiting. The dealer said they've been seeing it more and more as well as "plant restraint" holds. Basically he said in one instance they had a run of F150's with sunroofs but didn't have enough sunroofs for that run. So they suspend that run of trucks and then run it once they have all of them ready. I guess the demand for the 67U was greater than they predicted and the supplier cant keep up with the runs. Even though I'm in FLA and I use my cooled seats daily in my '16 F250 loosing them in a car that's not going to be driven much is a small sacrifice for me to get the car pushed through assembly. They also said in case anyone doesn't know, call your dealer on Fridays because that's when they get updates on production. They said be glad you didn't want a Focus RS those are taking up to 8 months to get since they're in Germany...
I received my VIN and build during the week of 9/19 on 8/18. It is a convenience package car. I just called Ford Performance and they showed the car as till scheduled for the week of 9/19. They also said that they don't have information about material shortages etc. I have yet to reach my dealer but I would think that if Ford were going to put such orders on hold, they would have done so by now for cars already scheduled for production.... maybe wishful thinking.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The notice said all orders for September. The orders place prior to that may still be able to be fulfilled but future orders cannot be placed with the 67U Package. I tried and failed...

Spykes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue GT350
So my dealer just called me and asked if I would be willing to accept the electronics package instead of the convenience package. Says his Ford rep is telling them that the car is being held in UMH because they don't have any of the heated/cooled seats. Says if I changed my package, they would put in through right away.

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is the recaro seat height adjustable? I think i could live with that seat if it gets my car built sooner...It certainly looks cooler

Sponsored

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
^ This confirms what ARS1 has been telling us. Thanks for sharing. Did you change to recaros?

I really want the leather heated/cooled seats... but will have to consider this.

Spykes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue GT350
I did not change. I think they push up on the side of my leg too much. It bothers me.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So my dealer just called me and asked if I would be willing to accept the electronics package instead of the convenience package. Says his Ford rep is telling them that the car is being held in UMH because they don't have any of the heated/cooled seats. Says if I changed my package, they would put in through right away.
Have you received a build week/VIN yet?

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
The notice said all orders for September. The orders place prior to that may still be able to be fulfilled but future orders cannot be placed with the 67U Package. I tried and failed...
Hi,

I just got a call from the GM at my dealer who is handling my order. I asked him to check into this for me and he said that while he can see issues for some seats in non-Shelbly Mustangs, he did not see anything that would impact mine. Perhaps you are right, orders already in the production queue may not be impacted. Maybe they have enough seats on order for those in the queue. I should know in a week or so since by then they should have a blend date.

One other interesting think he noted is that for R models, he saw an issue for the brakes. I thought they were the same but he said it could be for any part, that is different in the system.

In short, it looks like if you have a production week/VIN, you may be OK.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some folks will get lucky and get what they ordered. Others like me will have to change then those that won't or can't who knows when their car will be built. The scary part about that notice was how they said that they could possibly loose production of the model due to this. You'd think they'd have more than one outlet for something like seats... Now the Recaro seats are going to get eaten up quick so anyone on the fence might want to get their order in soon or risk being rejected completely. I doubt they would stop production all together but they could freeze GT350 runs for a period of time to let vendors catch up to the demand. Doubt there'd be any MSRP deals out there at all if that happens. Supply and demand...

Sponsored

Spykes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue GT350
Hi,

I just got a call from the GM at my dealer who is handling my order. I asked him to check into this for me and he said that while he can see issues for some seats in non-Shelbly Mustangs, he did not see anything that would impact mine. Perhaps you are right, orders already in the production queue may not be impacted. Maybe they have enough seats on order for those in the queue. I should know in a week or so since by then they should have a blend date.

One other interesting think he noted is that for R models, he saw an issue for the brakes. I thought they were the same but he said it could be for any part, that is different in the system.

In short, it looks like if you have a production week/VIN, you may be OK.
Correct. Sounds like they don't send it for Production unless they have all of the materials they need. So if you already have a Prod date and VIN, you are not affected. I'm in UMH, so they won't schedule until the seats arrive. That's my understanding anyway.

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've bought many cars and motorcycles over the years, but this is my first ford. I gotta say that this is the worst experience as far as lack of information provided from the manufacturer about an order! And now all of this talk about production problems bc of seats and breaks...Still no definitive answer from ford or my dealer makes it a stressful buying experience. Disappointing that in this day/age there is no solid information for those who have ordered a $60+ car

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I've bought many cars and motorcycles over the years, but this is my first ford. I gotta say that this is the worst experience as far as lack of information provided from the manufacturer about an order! And now all of this talk about production problems bc of seats and breaks...Still no definitive answer from ford or my dealer makes it a stressful buying experience. Disappointing that in this day/age there is no solid information for those who have ordered a $60+ car
Why doesn't Ford make sure the seats are available. Well the thing is they would have no idea how many people order that package. It's an option.

The bottom line is, in the yearly sales volume of Ford, you're ordering a very low volume car, even if it's a GT350. I'm not sure what you're other vehicles were but I can tell you that when I bought my BMW I had a choice of either lot or ordering and having to wait 6-7 months. So waiting is everywhere.

I still say it blows if you actually have to change your order or worse, they cancel it (which I find unlikely if you have an allocation). Anyway, we won't know until we hear more from Ford.

My buddy ordered a Porsche GT3 RS (with a deposit and everything) only to be told "hey man come pick up your deposit, Porsche wont be making your car, they've run out of materials for the run".

All, I'm saying it that this happens for other manufactures as well...it's simply low volume sales...I think.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
Is the recaro seat height adjustable? I think i could live with that seat if it gets my car built sooner...It certainly looks cooler
Yes, height, fore/aft, and recline of course. I'm a little guy but love them.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When do they usually show up on Cotus? Is that even a reliable source for info on your order?
Sponsored