Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Ok, I've been silent about this order, for fear that I would jinx it somehow... I did it. 389 days after my order was placed. I picked up HR418 today. In California, at MSRP.

Ordered 04/18/2016
Avalanche w/White OTT
R with Electronics

Feels so much more alive than my 2016 Tech Pack did before it.

Yes, I fully understand how difficult this purchase was to find.
Congratulations!! Still waiting for my MSRP R - ordered 4/15/16 - I'm full and have no fingernails left.
Sponsored

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
I ordered a 2017 GT 350R, shadow black w/ black stripes and red leader, electronics package on 4/28/17. Delivery date estimated to be 6/21/17.
MSRP is $68,000. My deal is $10k over sticker or $78,000.I'm hoping that I end up with one of the last "R" cars manufactured in 2017. I also have a vin# and build date.
Can anyone tell me how that cost compares with other forum members?
I just joined this great forum yesterday. Priority code = 10.Thanks:
10 over is a very good price. I've been looking for a very long time and haven't been able to find anything under 17 over until a recent lead from another helpful forum member. I walked in to a local Ford dealer in the LA area who had just received a new R and offered them 10 over and they never would counter and pretty much threw me out of the dealership on the spot. They wanted 50'over. Anyway, feel good about your deal. Great price

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Congratulations!! Still waiting for my MSRP R - ordered 4/15/16 - I'm full and have no fingernails left.
Do you have a VIN# yet? There's a guy in the bay area who ordered his R about 6 weeks ago, he got a VIN# about a week ago, and his car is now sitting on the dock waiting to be shipped.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My R is also waiting for transport at the factory. Supposed to be here in 11 days

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I ordered a 2017 GT 350R, shadow black w/ black stripes and red leader, electronics package on 4/28/17. Delivery date estimated to be 6/21/17.
MSRP is $68,000. My deal is $10k over sticker or $78,000.I'm hoping that I end up with one of the last "R" cars manufactured in 2017. I also have a vin# and build date.
Can anyone tell me how that cost compares with other forum members?
I just joined this great forum yesterday. Priority code = 10.Thanks:
$10k over seems like a good deal, although who knows what markups will be with the 2018 year. I think most people, including myself, did not think there would be more after 2017. I would have waited to see if ADMs decreased, but such is life. As is, I paid $15k over for my R, which I ordered on 4/12/16, and was delivered 3/29/17. Most dealers in my state seemed to want $20-30k over, so not too bad for not going out of state. Congrats on your R, that's exactly what I chose also! :cheers:

Sponsored

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Do you have a VIN# yet? There's a guy in the bay area who ordered his R about 6 weeks ago, he got a VIN# about a week ago, and his car is now sitting on the dock waiting to be shipped.
Nope! I have everything but the VIN - Isaac @ FP says it's still in the system and there's been no change in status. I got it for sticker and so have tried to be patient to not rock the boat or as one of you said, 'jinx it'. The sales manager states that even now they have 4 outstanding Shelby trucks orders (plus my R) and that the Regional Rep says, 'they're coming'. But they can't be specific about when the allocations will be picked up. Yet Ford sees fit to send Shelbys to other countries instead of to those here who've ordered early.

I'm led to believe that for some reason the Regional Rep up here does not favor this dealership. In fact, the dealership was under new ownership several months before I made ordered the car last year, and then ownership changed again many months later. I met with the new owner who swears up and down that he'll honor the original deal, but that he can't get a straight answer from the Rep as to when to expect the allocations to be picked up. I can actually feel the pent up frustration the sales manager is experiencing.

So I wait. The up-side is that I may be the last one to get a 2017 R. It's already been 13 months, so a couple months till the 2017MY production ends is worth MSRP. Even if for some reason the order drops out of the system and I don't get a 2017 at all - I get my money back and I move on.

At this point, "the steak has lost its sizzle".

Stang350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Have a line on a new 17 GT350R yellow with black stripes and tech pkg, DM me if interested

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI to everybody, concerning the lead above from Stang350, he has s merely a CFO at a dealership referring you to the general manager.

Sponsored

Stang350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Merely a CFO? lol Thanks - First time I've heard that!!! We're asking 10k adm - My referral is to the Sales Mgr, Shane, I own a 2017 GT350 myself, it's a great car. Looking forward to tracking it at Sebring Soon :)

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stang350 thanks for the lead. Didn't mean to undermine your title. LOL However, when I PM'd you and you didn't give me a price but rather just referred me to the sales manager, it just reeked of yet another cold start with a dealership that starts you at 20-30 over and swears that everybody is getting that for the R, and how rare they are, etc. etc.etc. Unfortunately, after doing dozens of these, it just gets super irritating. Once you are PM'd, it's time to give up the goods and give the price/ADM. Fair price, thanks for the lead.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
it just reeked of yet another cold start with a dealership that starts you at 20-30 over and swears that everybody is getting that for the R, and how rare they are, etc. etc.etc.
LOL!!! This has literally been my experience with every dealer I've talked to. There's must be some special R dealer supplement with a script. It always starts there and ends up at $10k for me when I have a check in hand.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Several people paying MSRP on an R is swaying me from being comfortable paying $5K ADM. That shouldn't matter since I'm having no luck getting a dealer to accept a $5K ADM offer for their R anyway.

ttn27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350R
Several people paying MSRP on an R is swaying me from being comfortable paying $5K ADM. That shouldn't matter since I'm having no luck getting a dealer to accept a $5K ADM offer for their R anyway.
IMO I think people who get an R at msrp are usually those that already have relationship with the dealership and put their orders in likely a year ago for a '17 R (my R is currently in transit it and has been almost 13 months since the order was placed). You will be considered extremely lucky if you can find an R at msrp by randomly calling all the dealers around the country.
Sponsored