azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
C378B49D-8DED-416C-A5DD-6BD0AD54DDA3.jpeg

I have to respond because I own both a ‘16 in AG and a ‘19 in VB, haha.

Others have already addressed the major considerations such as Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 engines, warranty, and the addition of coolers on the later cars unless the early car had the track pack.

In addition though, I must say how much “nicer” the ‘19-20 cars feel, and I’ve experienced this with multiple friends’ cars as well. Ford changed a lot of suspension components on the ‘19-20 as they developed the new GT500. My blue car handles better, stops better, and is quieter (NVH quiet - not exhaust quiet) than my gray one. The interior is nicer as well and the little gimmicky things like the cobra snake puddle lumps are fun and make the car feel more special.
Sponsored

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
I've actually owned both. My first one was a 2016 and now i have a 2019 with every option. To be perfectly honest, you wont know the difference between the two from a performance perspective. I never had any engine/oil issues on my 16 so i cant really speak to the true 'value' of a gen 2 motor. For me, the absolute difference maker is the interior of the 19. The amount of creature comforts in mine are night and day versus the 16 with Recaro's. The heated/cooled seats, B&O stereo, carbon fiber touches, etc etc. really make the big difference at least for me.

19Ingot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT PP1 A10
C378B49D-8DED-416C-A5DD-6BD0AD54DDA3.jpeg

I have to respond because I own both a ‘16 in AG and a ‘19 in VB, haha.

Others have already addressed the major considerations such as Gen 1 vs. Gen 2 engines, warranty, and the addition of coolers on the later cars unless the early car had the track pack.

In addition though, I must say how much “nicer” the ‘19-20 cars feel, and I’ve experienced this with multiple friends’ cars as well. Ford changed a lot of suspension components on the ‘19-20 as they developed the new GT500. My blue car handles better, stops better, and is quieter (NVH quiet - not exhaust quiet) than my gray one. The interior is nicer as well and the little gimmicky things like the cobra snake puddle lumps are fun and make the car feel more special.
Where are you located in AZ? Pretty sure I've been behind your VB 350 in traffic and have seen your AG 350 around....I'm in Peoria...
Sorry to thread hijack OP! :sadface:

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
Where are you located in AZ? Pretty sure I've been behind your VB 350 in traffic and have seen your AG 350 around....I'm in Peoria...
Sorry to thread hijack OP! :sadface:
I’m in north Phx and work in north Scottsdale

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I've actually owned both. My first one was a 2016 and now i have a 2019 with every option. To be perfectly honest, you wont know the difference between the two from a performance perspective. I never had any engine/oil issues on my 16 so i cant really speak to the true 'value' of a gen 2 motor. For me, the absolute difference maker is the interior of the 19. The amount of creature comforts in mine are night and day versus the 16 with Recaro's. The heated/cooled seats, B&O stereo, carbon fiber touches, etc etc. really make the big difference at least for me.
I did the same but did notice a difference in performance. But I went from a base to an R. The 16 had comfort seats and was a tad more comfortable but the R has a nicer interior. Would still own the 16 had I not been offered the R
Sponsored