Sponsored

2016 Mustangs - Build Quality

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I got a 16 GT. my hood and trunk has some panel misalignment. It's not noticeable, I need to get close to even notice. It doesn't bother me one bit though. I'm more interested in getting in my car and driving than looking at it.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Although, I do try not to look super hard for imperfections because they will drive me insane. :crazy:
Hahaha, yeah, that first wash where you get close and hands on the with the car can be a disappointment. I just wanted to post one more time about the adjustment I made (see my post above).

Like you, I get a little nuts over something like that, and I couldn't help but see it all the time ...

I work out of the homestead and hit up the garage (beverages/ice) fridge several times a day, and that corner, with the big gap was so obvious (the angle/height were my car sits optimized the issue). Every trip out there I couldn't help but see it.

The car is just perfect now, still tickled shitless about this fix.

Ingot Silver and Oxford White are the best colors for these cars until Ford cleans up the waves and stamping creases.

You did good with Ingot!!!!!!
On the other hand, darker colors like black and metallic gray work much better for hiding panel gap inconsistencies (and just the various seams on the car in general).

I guess it depends what you want to hide :D

Stangl1fe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
:cheers:
My car was put together nicely, all except for a passenger side gap between the fender "point" over the light and the hood. I had wondered about hood alignment, figured if I ever did hood struts I'd investigate during the install. It bugged me, but on my black car, it's not all that noticeable.

So I read your post last night, decided I'd check it out this morning, grabbed a 10mm socket/extension/ratchet, popped the hood, easily found the one fastener you ID'ed (that's clearly the connecting point for the end of the fender).

Loosened it up, pushed - without even much force - and the fender slipped over about 1/4" and stopped, so I snugged it up and gently lowered the hood to confirm it wasn't over too far. I liked what I saw, so I went ahead and closed it.

OMFG.

It's PERFECT. The left and right sides are within a mm or so of the same gap spacing, it just totally fixes the entire front end. I noticed that the alignment holes in the fender tab and frame were actually perfectly aligned pre-adjustment, it's a square cutout, I'm assuming they use an alignment jig with square posts in these holes. So that means the cutouts themselves are not properly measured. After the alignment, you can see the two squares are offset by that 1/4" the fender moved in (and that's pretty much transparent under the hood).

Thanks for the heads up, I mean, you basically fixed the one outstanding issue on my ride. Highly recommend anyone with this same issue to take a look, it's a <5 minute fix, and in my case, it's completely resolved.

:cheers:
Sponsored