Sponsored

2016 Comp Orange Coyote. Whipple 1/2 Mile killer

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So before I get started, What site is everyone using to host their images? or do they just Attach them below?

So I bought the Car in July of 2016 as the 17's were coming in and they were trying to push the 16s out. I had a Black performance pack 2015 before this but it drove me nuts trying to keep it clean so I traded it in on a Honda accord ( My DD) and bought this a few months later. its a Bare bones car, my only request was the Color and the 3.31 rear end for boost.

I drove the car for about 3 months to make sure it was solid and then ordered a VMP TVS stage 1 kit, BAP, Boundary OPG, TSS CS, and Lund Racing N gauge. I went with the TVS because of the Torque and bang for the buck.

tore the car down around late December and had it going by middle of January. in the mean time I also added some PP wheels and BMR suspension to help plant the car a little more. I never really had intentions to drag race the car so sticky tires weren't high on my priority list.

I also signed up for and ran the WannaGoFast Half mile in Charlotte NC where it did 157 on 93 octane. I drove the car in this configuration until October 2017 where I added some more BMR stuff, Weld 18x5/17x10 Wheels, a Sai li Fuel system and injectors, and had lund retune it on E85. I really enjoyed the 1/2 mile event so I signed up again for the WannaGoFast event in Florida where the car did 165 on E85..8mph from a fuel change not bad!

while all of this is going on im noticing the new Gen 3 whipples coming out and really putting in some work and also thinking about making the change to a GT500 ( mainly for the TR6060). a friend talked me out of it and convinced me my car with a Gen 3 whipple and Tr6060 ( or maybe 6r80..still in the air) would be an insane combination so...Here we are. I found a deal on a Gen 3 kit a guy took off his car ( was buying an '18) and I grabbed it. its a 10 rib setup, Dual fans, 132MM TB etc. this past March I ripped the tvs off and sold it and bolted the Whipple on and let lund work his keyboard magic. up to this point the stock clutch has been doing great and I was really surprised it had lasted as long as it did. but as soon as I did my first WOT hit with the whipple on E85 it said it was done. I am running a 4" upper and 20% lower so I think its around 12psi. id like to put a 3.75 upper on it which should put me around 14-15. plenty enough for me. Soo that's about where we are today. The goals for the car are kind of up in the air. A fun reliable car with 850-900rwhp that I can drive anywhere is the ultimate goal. Ill add some pictures in a bit to show the different stages of the car!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Sounds awesome, subscribed to see your 1/2mi time with the current setup!

I use PostImage for image hosting. Easiest one I've ever used and is focused on forum use.

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So the first Pic is my Best MPH at wannagofast in Ocala where I met @Barrel and Yolodouchebag also known as Alex Flores. 2nd and 3rd pictures are of the Weld setup. which I sold, but plans for another (different set) are in the works. 4th picture is the Sai li system install, this location for the Regulator was perfect on the VMP but not so good on the whipple.

5th Picture is the winter of 2017, tearing down my brand new car with 9k miles on it was slightly stressful lol this is when I did the vmp, oil pump gears and crank sprocket.

the last 2 are just Comparisons of the VMP and Whipple, both great setups.
2.jpg
872.jpg
7822.jpg
74272.jpg
227582.jpg
78532.jpg
752733.jpg

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
With the clutch being toast and a TR6060 not in the budget at the moment ( joys of buying a house) I have came up with a game plan to make the MT82 work for another year or so until I can swing the TR6060.

DSS 2000HP Axles
ARH 1 7/8 Headers
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
MGW shift and Stainless Clutch line

this is whats next for the car, and I think I can make the MT82 live for a while with these. I went with a cheaper clutch because id like to get a nice triple disk for the TR6060, so this spec will do for the time being. My rotors are absolutely toast from stopping at the half mile events so I am going to get some nice rotors and maybe replace the fog lights with brake ducts because they got HOT

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Update. Stock Clutch looked surprisingly good when we took it out. However, the Spec Stage 3+ has proven to be too much for the MT82. I broke my stock one before the break in period for the clutch was even up ( had right at 500 miles on it). on a mild 3-4 shift at 6000, just kind of testing the clutch out, 4th gear disappeared. picked up a stock replacement and may go 6r80 this winter. we shall see. While I had the clutch out I also added Mak 3" Cat Deletes and an MGW flat stick Shifter. Very Happy with the upgrades. its hard to miss a shift with the MGW and of course the cat deletes unclogged the exhaust. I will probably rock the car in its current state until winter time where it will go down for Headers, a 6r80 and the 150mm TB/Rarefab intake. Ill probably throw in some ARP head studs as well.

I am doing a half mile event in Georgia around September and then one in Florda around October. Id really like to hit 175-180 with it. But we will see!

I also did some basic Maintenance on the car. New 10 Rib belt ($120 :() and new front and rear rotors. slowing down from 165 is no joke, check out the pic of my rotors! Definitely not an area to skimp out on. Put in some new NGK 6510 Plugs, old ones looked great after 2 half mile events and 10k miles.
hot brakes.jpg
Cat deletes.png
Maint items.png
MGW 2.jpg
stock clutch.jpg

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP