2015 V6 driveshaft

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
An aluminum or carbon fiber shaft will improve acceleration. That and a lightweight wheel/tire combo will also help. It makes for the same amount of torque having spin less mass to get everything in motion. Beware that it'll increase noise/vibration... most aftermarket shafts do away with the rubber guibo joint between front of the factory shaft and transmission flange.

That is all...
True, but the driveshaft should be one of the later mods someone does on a V6. It certainly has merits but is expensive. If I were putting on procharger I would do it then. And also upgrade the suspension.This is late in the game and when you would already have serious bucks in the car.

For someone with a budget, where bolt ons like intake and exhaust are the primary consideration though? (<$2k range) I seriously doubt the incremental improvement in acceleration would be worth the expense if those are your only mods. Especially if you are just driving this as a street car/DD. Just depends how deep your pockets are and what your intentions for the car are I suppose. I will say if you plan on drag racing the car with slicks, it would probably be worth the piece of mind in that instance. And maybe half shafts. My 2c.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I don't understand why people see this as an issue. Seriously, what is the point of going that fast? I completely condone street racing and really all other types of racing, but I can not find a time where cars of this power will ever NEED to go 135+mph. Can someone give a good reason for it?
Autobahn...... nuff said.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Autobahn...... nuff said.
Well that's fair. Unless your car is making we'll say 800+whp not even your fastest highway race should go over 140.
Sponsored