2015 Roush Phase 2 Stage 2 - Tuning and Expectations

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Hey all, first post and excited to be here! I'm the new owner of a 2015 Roush Stage 2 with a Phase 2 package. Car is gorgeous if I do say so myself. Prior owner took good care of it. Has the following modifications in addition to the stage 2 from factory. Is performance package and has 373 gears.

Phase 2 727 blower kit with Roush tune.
80 mm pulley
SVE wheels with Indy Firehawk 325s on the back
Boost a pump

Car has 580 whp which seems rather low. Given suspension and blower kit etc above, what you think it would run in a quarter mile set up as it is? What you think WHP and 1/4 mile times would be if I got a custom tune from VMP or Lund with 93 oct fuel?

Thanks!

Joe

nc_oc=AQnc6-pRax8-h1qNEiaaiK0iJbxzrHHR4Q-XIMJSiZcl8i8YoQLjel0liv9CbJIQ4IM&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
ALSO - I am debating between a $900 nGauge / custom tune from Lund or VMP versus going with a locally (state) reputable tuner on a dyno. If the goal is a safe but improved result over the canned Roush tune that came with the Stage 2 setup, which would you think would be a better option...VMP / Lund with etuning or dyno with reputable state tuner?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I can tell you I am Lund tuned on 93 and can't be any happier. It has always run super smooth at any rpm. No hesitation, no funny idling, no surging, no nothing. I have some different mods and a full Steeda suspension. If you don't have it, I would highly suggest spending some time and money on the IRS system from wheel hop and better grip all around.

OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
I can tell you I am Lund tuned on 93 and can't be any happier. It has always run super smooth at any rpm. No hesitation, no funny idling, no surging, no nothing. I have some different mods and a full Steeda suspension. If you don't have it, I would highly suggest spending some time and money on the IRS system from wheel hop and better grip all around.
Lund says they won't tune me unless I install new injectors & new brass IAT. Which is nbd I guess.

What you think my 1/4 would be with my Roush canned tune with those fat 20X11s for traction? What about with a custom Lund tune? I'm 6MT fwiw.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Lund says they won't tune me unless I install new injectors & new brass IAT. Which is nbd I guess.

What you think my 1/4 would be with my Roush canned tune with those fat 20X11s for traction? What about with a custom Lund tune? I'm 6MT fwiw.
Yeah, I had to get bigger injectors and another IAT2 harness. The injectors were a a little bit of a pain in the *ss, but the sensor wasn't too tough. As for 1/4 mile time comparison, I never took mine to the strip. I'm more of a twisty's and turns kind of guy. I would imagine it would have to be an improvement. But lock down that rear IRS, trust me, it's a big help.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Yeah, I had to get bigger injectors and another IAT2 harness. The injectors were a a little bit of a pain in the *ss, but the sensor wasn't too tough. As for 1/4 mile time comparison, I never took mine to the strip. I'm more of a twisty's and turns kind of guy. I would imagine it would have to be an improvement. But lock down that rear IRS, trust me, it's a big help.
What's an IRS?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Independent Rear Suspension. These S550's can get some pretty bad wheel hop when you get on it out of the hole. Which CAN snap your half shafts.

OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Independent Rear Suspension. These S550's can get some pretty bad wheel hop when you get on it out of the hole. Which CAN snap your half shafts.
Yeah was wondering with fat street tires and 600+ whp if I might need better axle / half shafts. Necessary?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Depends on who you talk to. I upgraded mine just to be safe.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Hey all, first post and excited to be here! I'm the new owner of a 2015 Roush Stage 2 with a Phase 2 package. Car is gorgeous if I do say so myself. Prior owner took good care of it. Has the following modifications in addition to the stage 2 from factory. Is performance package and has 373 gears.

Phase 2 727 blower kit with Roush tune.
80 mm pulley
SVE wheels with Indy Firehawk 325s on the back
Boost a pump

Car has 580 whp which seems rather low. Given suspension and blower kit etc above, what you think it would run in a quarter mile set up as it is? What you think WHP and 1/4 mile times would be if I got a custom tune from VMP or Lund with 93 oct fuel?

Thanks!

Joe

nc_oc=AQnc6-pRax8-h1qNEiaaiK0iJbxzrHHR4Q-XIMJSiZcl8i8YoQLjel0liv9CbJIQ4IM&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg
580 rwhp is about 650 crank hp. So, I would say a very close comparison would be to a 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6. That car weighs about the same, similar power, etc. They run high 11s/12.0 @ ~122-124 mph, give or take, on the stock summer performance tires, with a pretty good driver. Obviously, if you can't drive a stick very well, your time will suffer in comparison.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
580 rwhp is about 650 crank hp. So, I would say a very close comparison would be to a 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6. That car weighs about the same, similar power, etc. They run high 11s/12.0 @ ~122-124 mph, give or take, on the stock summer performance tires, with a pretty good driver. Obviously, if you can't drive a stick very well, your time will suffer in comparison.
Reasons why I might be like 70 hp shy of the 727 phase 2 expectations? That typical with this kit?

OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Bumping this question:

Reasons why I might be like 70 hp shy of the 727 phase 2 expectations? That typical with this kit?

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
The roush tune is too conservative also depends on dyno . I have a roush phase 1 and on roush tune it out down 575whp. I just got my Palm Beach Dyno tune along with cat deletes not other changes and did 611whp on a 90 degree summer day. It is a completely different car to say the least. Before it felt faster than na but didn’t quite feel supercharged. Now it feel like it should in my opinion. I am happy with my PBD tune. Rob shoemaker did the tune and I’m happy. Are you sure it’s a phase 2? And what kind of dyno? Mine was done on a dyno jet.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
The roush tune is too conservative also depends on dyno . I have a roush phase 1 and on roush tune it out down 575whp. I just got my Palm Beach Dyno tune along with cat deletes not other changes and did 611whp on a 90 degree summer day. It is a completely different car to say the least. Before it felt faster than na but didn’t quite feel supercharged. Now it feel like it should in my opinion. I am happy with my PBD tune. Rob shoemaker did the tune and I’m happy. Are you sure it’s a phase 2? And what kind of dyno? Mine was done on a dyno jet.
I didn't think the car felt like a 700+ HP car when I was on the Roush tune. I recently installed a VMP tune with the ngauge. Now it feels like it should.

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
Yup same here. The car didn’t feel like it should until the aftermarket tune.
Sponsored