2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Hi everyone...so I am now officially debating exhaust options and am really liking the options Borla has. I have listened to the American Muscle videos a good number of times...but I am not sure which one to get...

For me, the ATAK will be too loud and obnoxious. I do want a deep sound, but not so loud. However, I am wavering between the S-type and Touring only because I am curious as to how the touring might sound without the resonator and instead have an x-pipe. I have heard the ATAK without a resonator and x-pipe (I think the video is a couple of posts back) and I know that is definitely not what I need.

Any thoughts on which system I should go with and/or any idea of what the touring when combined with an x-pipe might sound like?

Many thanks

Jason
I've seen two stangs one with the atak and the other with stype. The difference is not big at all.
Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I've seen two stangs one with the atak and the other with stype. The difference is not big at all.
Ok...my only hesitation is that because of my profession (accounting), I don't want something obnoxiously loud that makes me look like an immature kid (no offense intended to anyone here at all...to each his/her own), but I still want that growl with a little loudness...I am limiting myself to Borla because it does not have drone and I do like the sound of it.

I am just curious about the loudness factor...how much louder would people say the touring is compared to the stock? I have watched the american muscle videos, but cannot really get a good gauge from them.

I guess the other option is for me to go with the s-type and if I feel it is too loud, buy the supplemental bola resonator that will quiet it down (however I do not like the idea of spending extra money).

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Sounds to me like you might be happy with the stock GT exhaust and they are cheap. If it is too quiet you can put an x-pipe or h-pipe to make it louder without being over the top.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Sounds to me like you might be happy with the stock GT exhaust and they are cheap. If it is too quiet you can put an x-pipe or h-pipe to make it louder without being over the top.
Just listened to the videos on the stock GT exhaust thread...not bad..but the tips would have to go and even with the x-pipe and H-pipe videos...a little too raspy for my taste.

I guess I will wait a little longer to see if anything else comes out (and of course get a little money for this...not exactly a cheap investment)...also since I am moving north to Sacramento in September, maybe I can meet a couple of members who have these Borlas and/or other exhaust options installed and hear them in person.

Cheers

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Well you could always leave the resonator on, which is what I have it at, but I do plan to get an x-pipe because I like a little rasp. I thought the gt tips were great especially coming from the stock v6 tips. You can't compare it to aftermarket tips but for $50 it is great lol.

Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i think an h pipe or x pipe would be obnoxious on either of the borlas based on the atak with the x pipe

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
i think an h pipe or x pipe would be obnoxious on either of the borlas based on the atak with the x pipe
That is what I was thinking...I think I will give the S-type a try and if I think it is too loud, Borla has an accessory resonator that can quite it down and I will install that.

Now to save up some money :D

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i have the borla atak catback and to me its still too quiet

thats why i was looking into a x pipe or h pipe tonget rid of the resonator but the video i posted with the x pipe sounded way tooo raspy

the atak while borlas loudest isnt obnoxious, its just right for a "v6 muscle type" car

but i havent heard the non catback version

racinreddy has the stype axlebacks search him up on here to listen to his videos

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Considering that some have suggested that I should bolt-on the stock GT exhaust...I have gotten to thinking if I should now go for the S-type from bola in the GT size (2.5in). I know that would help quite a bit to reduce back pressure and gain even more horsepower...what are people's thoughts on this move?

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
It might open a whole new venue for v6ers. I would be curious to see the results.
I think it will too...post #29 in this thread (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52127&page=2) seems to confirm my hopes of the pipes being the same diameter before the cats.

I am just curious as to why others have not done this modification already...am I missing something?

After looking at American Muscle and having a very good idea of what this system will sound like, I will be going with the s-type since it includes an X-pipe...if I feel it is too loud, there is a resonator that Borla offers that will reduce the noise and I can always sell the x-pipe if necessary.

Last edited:

MoralesPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Guard
Hello,

I'm planning to go on my V6 with the Borla S-Type catback / JLT CAI / MPT Tune / BBK Longtube Headers / BBK Catted H-pype. In that same order since it's going to be a costly thing to do. Im looking for the same resault, not something "all hell brake loose" loud and raspy but a loud good souding setup. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

I'm planning to go on my V6 with the Borla S-Type catback / JLT CAI / MPT Tune / BBK Longtube Headers / BBK Catted H-pype. In that same order since it's going to be a costly thing to do. Im looking for the same resault, not something "all hell brake loose" loud and raspy but a loud good souding setup. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Looks like a solid foundation...are you going to do a GT-type S-type catback or the v6 catback?

MoralesPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Guard
Well, Im going with the V6 one thus far. I would need to see how it works the GT one first to go that route.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Well, Im going with the V6 one thus far. I would need to see how it works the GT one first to go that route.
From what I have read on the stock GT exhaust to v6 thread...it look s like putting on a stock GT aftermarket exhaust on a v6 setup will work...the aftermarkets start at 2.25in after the cat and expand out to 2.5in. I will give it a try after I start my new job and get some money in the bank. I will let everyone know how it goes.

If you do decide to put on the v6 version of the S-type cutback...please post a video for everyone :D
Sponsored