2016 v6 6spd
No loss in power right? Sure sounds aoot like the roush and single x

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Hmmm... some carbon crud clogging some baffling up? A converter getting clogged? Baffling falling apart in a muffler? Small animal made a home in there? Maybe you got some bad fuel?

Those are some of my thoughts. Hopefully its nothing major.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i did make a stop at a valero! hmm i usually go to shell and chevron, but it has been like that to me for a little but definitely more after the valero stop! idk ahhh i guess ill get it checked out

side note got a oil change too and its up to the little curve on the stick which is over!

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
nothing, its just a borla catback
The resonator that comes on the borla catback systems might be to blame for this. An x-pipe or h-pipe would open up the system a bit more while making it sound way less muffled

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
The resonator that comes on the borla catback systems might be to blame for this. An x-pipe or h-pipe would open up the system a bit more while making it sound way less muffled
thanks, and really? is there specific brands i should look into? this is my first car and first modder you can say so im a noob

i need to do my homework on this lol

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
thanks, and really? is there specific brands i should look into? this is my first car and first modder you can say so im a noob

i need to do my homework on this lol
Which bola cutback system did you go with....touring, s-type or attack. I am thinking about looking into Borla...I like the tone Borla has and was looking into the S-type, but being an accountant, I think I need to go with the touring (don't want to be obnoxious...)

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Which bola cutback system did you go with....touring, s-type or attack. I am thinking about looking into Borla...I like the tone Borla has and was looking into the S-type, but being an accountant, I think I need to go with the touring (don't want to be obnoxious...)
i have the borla atak catback

i dont think its as loud as you think

at 10,20, and 40 mph the exhaust picks up and after that you just hear the nice deep-ish tone and nothing obnoxious (pretty quiet after that to me well from inside never heard it outside myself going that fast)

i actually want louder, now with the h pipes and xpipes make them obnoxious like the video below! you can hear the difference (just found that out)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]2sje0PwYqyw[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
hey guys found a 2015 v6 with borla atak and x-pipe

but i dont like it too much, will an h pipe sound different?

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]aLh8WLg6krw[/MEDIA]"]

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
hey guys found a 2015 v6 with borla atak and x-pipe

but i dont like it too much, will an h pipe sound different?

H-pipe will be similar in volume, but will sound more throaty and less raspy. I wouldn't necessarily lean towards one brand over another but I would try to all around avoid resonators. Resonators clean up the sound but really muffler the exhaust in the process of doing so.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
H-pipe will be similar in volume, but will sound more throaty and less raspy. I wouldn't necessarily lean towards one brand over another but I would try to all around avoid resonators. Resonators clean up the sound but really muffler the exhaust in the process of doing so.
i had no clue, i always wondered why the older ones with less horsepower sounded louder than mine when they passed by

question, i had a 2004-2003 gt before the new model in front of me the other day and it sounded really loud and good, im sure those had less horsepower, is it louder cause its a v8?
Sponsored

Last edited: