Sponsored

2015 Mustang Full Site (and Builder) is Finally Up

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
I suppose this could be the case though it doesn't seem particularly cost effective given the majority of sat radio customers are in the U.S. Given that I'll probably go w/ the base radio if the sat function were offered as some kind of up-level option I'd surely take it so as to avoid having to get an external receiver & antenna ( as long as it wasn't bundled together w/ some other needless and expensive option group ).
Ford seldom (never) offers simply a stand alone Sirius Satellite Radio upgrade without incorporating it into an Equipment Package containing other Items. Unfortunately, for the 2015 Base V6 Mustang Fastback/Coupe and Convertible, the only Equipment Package Upgrade offered over the Standard 050A Package is the 051A Upgrade that contains, Fog Lamps, Drivers side Power Seat, 18`` Wheels & Tires and the Blade Spoiler. All the other Stand Alone Options available have no Radio choices. Looks like for U.S. Buyers, instead of Sirius you will get a "Mute" button. Ain`t that sweet?
Sponsored

REX-RACER

Threads
Reaction score
That "Mute" button is as clear as can be! The Base Radio displaying the "Sirius" button was either a pre-production (mule) or the Radio for Canadian exported Mustangs.
Hey, I'm not arguing w/ ya guy, I'm just saying it's an odd set of circumstances that seem less than clear and making the Sirius ready functionality integrated only for the arguably smaller Canadian market would be something of an odd cost management measure. But still, companies have done stranger things so I'll just wait and see and hope "Sirius Ready" will be something we're granted here in the U.S. of A.

I don't suppose it's possible this could be a difference between the base v6 radio and the base radio available in the eco-boost & v8 cars? :shrug:

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, I'm not arguing w/ ya guy, I'm just saying it's an odd set of circumstances that seem less than clear and making the Sirius ready functionality integrated only for the arguably smaller Canadian market would be something of an odd cost management measure. But still, companies have done stranger things so I'll just wait and see and hope "Sirius Ready" will be something we're granted here in the U.S. of A.

I don't suppose it's possible this could be a difference between the base v6 radio and the base radio available in the eco-boost & v8 cars? :shrug:
In my Special Ordered 2011 Ford Fiesta SE hatchback, the Base Radio with the Single C-D Player (without) Sync had no Sirius Radio. It had the (button) but not the Hardware or Software and when button was pressed, error message on LED Screen said "feature not available". It was not available because if it was, there would have been a Sirius Serial # to call in for activation! In Canada, the identical Fiesta with the same standard radio back (included) the Sirius feature. Just like heated seats, exterior mirrors, steering wheels, Daytime Running Lights "DRL`s", Ford makes them different for the Canadian market.

REX-RACER

Threads
Reaction score
In my Special Ordered 2011 Ford Fiesta SE hatchback, the Base Radio with the Single C-D Player (without) Sync had no Sirius Radio. It had the (button) but not the Hardware or Software and when button was pressed, error message on LED Screen said "feature not available". It was not available because if it was, there would have been a Sirius Serial # to call in for activation! In Canada, the identical Fiesta with the same standard radio back (included) the Sirius feature. Just like heated seats, exterior mirrors, steering wheels, Daytime Running Lights "DRL`s", Ford makes them different for the Canadian market.
Eh, yeah you're probably right. Too bad though cause while I'm not interested in the up-level stereo I would sign up for Sirius before even leaving the dealership. My wife has it in her Honda Accord Coupe and it's a God send on long road trips in the mid-west or when you just get tired of hearing the local dj's jabber about non-sense. Ya gotta figure both XM & Ford are missing an opportunity there but perhaps they just couldn't hammer out a deal?

Sponsored

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Looks like someone already wrapped that dash in 3M carbon fiber sticker ? Looks pretty good actually.

I have a question about these screens... can you even turn them off? Does this smaller one, or the bigger GT Premium one ever turn off? At night time I would definitely want it off, or at least down to the lowest possible brightness setting if it even has them.

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
I'm really disappointed they went down in power on the Shaker Pro audio system. My 2013 has 1000 watts and the 2015 has 390???? At least that's what the online configurator says. I know that in my 2013, 500 watts went to the sub in the trunk and 500 watts to the other amp/speakers. I'll just have to wait and see how it sounds. I did read somewhere, that they are using poly cones in the speakers now instead of the crappy paper. I replaced my speakers (except the subs) with Infinity speakers, wow what a difference.

B-Fox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Scorpion
is it possible they've gone from a "peak" rating to a true RMS rating?
My Kicker 325 watt RMS amp can put out more than a Sony 1000 watt "peak" amp.

I'm more disappointed that the Shaker Pro is tied to "BLIS", I'd love the better audio, but I have zero interest in BLIS.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eh, yeah you're probably right. Too bad though cause while I'm not interested in the up-level stereo I would sign up for Sirius before even leaving the dealership. My wife has it in her Honda Accord Coupe and it's a God send on long road trips in the mid-west or when you just get tired of hearing the local dj's jabber about non-sense. Ya gotta figure both XM & Ford are missing an opportunity there but perhaps they just couldn't hammer out a deal?
Funny that both Kia and Hyundai include Sirius Satellite Radio as standard equipment even on their entry level Rio and Accent starting at 13K but Ford can`t see their way to include it on the 2015 Mustang that typically will sell for at least 30K!

Sponsored

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
I'm really disappointed they went down in power on the Shaker Pro audio system. My 2013 has 1000 watts and the 2015 has 390????
This is actually EXTREMELY good news. Maybe this is an assumption, but do you know what else has 390 watts? The Sony systems in the Fusion and Taurus, which have both been praised by reviewers (and myself). Sure, it might not have the "bump" in the trunk, but it seems like Ford is focusing on SQL rather than SPL which, for me at least, is definitely an improvement.

Again, a few assumptions have been made, but why would Ford design another amplifier with similar ratings?

13GTCSMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR/GT/20's/NAV
I didn't realize both the Fusion and Taurus had the same wattage. If the Mustang sounds as good, then I'm ok with it. :thumbsup:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Funny that both Kia and Hyundai include Sirius Satellite Radio as standard equipment even on their entry level Rio and Accent starting at 13K but Ford can`t see their way to include it on the 2015 Mustang that typically will sell for at least 30K!
It's included on all Premium cars. Base cars are intended solely for performance drivers or fleets, neither of whom care about creature comforts.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While on the Topic of Sound Quality, my 2012 Kia Rio 5 Hatchback that came with Sirius Satellite Radio as standard equipment with an MSRP of 15K has the sound quality of my first Emerson transistor Radio I received as a Birthday gift back in the late 50`s! Even that pitiful excuse of an Audio System came with Sirius radio!
Sponsored