Sponsored

2015 GT won't start!

Pigsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
So my new Mustang has decided not to start any more. Here's a video (the rev 10 seconds in is another car):

[ame]https://vimeo.com/151073167[/ame]

It just cranks and cranks until you get the cranking limit exceeded notification message.

At first I was thinking it was an issue with the battery, but as you can see in the video everything is lit up on the central console and there don't seem to be any low battery indicators on the dash.

Temps here have dropped quite significantly which can't be a coincidence. Outside it reached around -5 to -10c the last few days, however I have the Mustang parked underground, where it doesn't go below 0. And temps outside have now risen back above 0 again.

Another clue is there's a smell of gas after it's tried to start, perhaps indicating some sort of fuel pressure issue?

Either way any assistance would be most appreciated. If I can't find a solution I'll be calling the Ford service to come sort it out

Thanks
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
http://www.autotap.com/problem5_engine_cranks.asp
Engine Cranks But Won't Start

my old car did this when the fuel pump started to fail. Could be something else, but you probably need OBDII reader to discover that

odds are you will need a tow. :faint:

edit: probably best not to keep cranking the motor, as you just pull down the battery

OP
OP

Pigsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
http://www.autotap.com/problem5_engine_cranks.asp
Engine Cranks But Won't Start

my old car did this when the fuel pump started to fail. Could be something else, but you probably need OBDII reader to discover that

odds are you will need a tow. :faint:

edit: probably best not to keep cranking the motor, as you just pull down the battery
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Well the car is barely over a month old and never given me any issues until now, so unless I've been extremely unlucky I'm hoping it's nothing major.

It can't be a coincidence this just started with the cold weather. Surely that's has some connection.

I'll try and get an OBD II reader picked up tomorrow as I need one anyway

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
probably a coincidence. Should be easy to fix, but its still a hassle to get a tow

Santos_S550

SANTOS_S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.0T Premium Package
similar issue

I had this similar issue at 3k miles took 4 occurrences before I told ford to get me a tow truck and take it to the dealer...

When ever I started my car it would turn on , but that's it steering wheel would stay lock everything went off dash was throwing diff. messages at me ..

come to find out it was a corrupted module which controlled the steering wheel .

they fixed this issue while I was on vacation.. ") :ford::cheers::headbang::first:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You can go into Engineering Test Mode and see if there are any stored trouble-codes. In the video it says to start the car, so I'm not sure if it will still go into ET mode if the engine doesn't fire up. Worth a try.

[ame]
Sponsored