druby

druby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium, Tripple Yellow
So I tried the first simple fix. I turned up my volume on my phone and then drove home. Same results. Very quiet. I stopped and opened up the phone, but the volume adjustment isn't even available when plugged in via usb. So much for the easy fix.

Someone mentioned that the engineers may have set the gain from the usb lower than the gain from the radio, and this may be why the radio is so much louder. Does anyone know if this can be adjusted?
Sponsored

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
Someone mentioned that the engineers may have set the gain from the usb lower than the gain from the radio, and this may be why the radio is so much louder. Does anyone know if this can be adjusted?
I haven't experienced that when using my iPhone 6 and 6S, or when using my USB flash drive loaded with flac files. Sirius/FM/USB all seem to be within the same general volume.

OP
OP
druby

druby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium, Tripple Yellow
I haven't experienced that when using my iPhone 6 and 6S, or when using my USB flash drive loaded with flac files. Sirius/FM/USB all seem to be within the same general volume.
Weird. My first attempt at this whole issue was loading mp3's onto a usb flash drive and using the port in the box between the seats. It was much quieter than the radio as well for me. Hmm.

Hase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT Performance Package
I have a 2015 GT Premium, Shaker (not pro).
I was underwhelmed by the audio quality and total lack of power from a factory system with an amplifier. My buddy's 2011 GT sounds WAAAAAY better.
After trolling a lot of threads, I've come to the conclusion that (for my taste) the speakers and amp probably can't be salvaged.

What I've done:

2. fiddle with FORScan ACM and DSP settings - this helped a lot
Would you mind sharing what setting you used that improved this?

kratch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
ACM 727-01-02 change first two digits to 00. Yours is probably 02. This turns off factory crossover and sends full range signal to all channels. I tried some other stuff but it didn't help much and some of it reduced audio quality. I don't think I'm done trying stuff out, but I don't think I'm going to get much more out of the stock hardware. Check out FORScan thread and this one: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25501

Sponsored

Prabzez_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I also have shaker pro, and have no complaints, but I strictly play my music through a flash drive.
I keep treble and bass on max.

kratch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So I took dash apart to replace center speaker, I had a JBL GTO329 to install....and the speaker I pulled out was 8 ohm. The JBLs are 3 ohm, so that was a no go. I put dash back together with no speaker, and the stereo suddenly sounds better. Way better. I guess the JBLs can replace the Pioneer 3.5" speakers in the doors, and along with the JBL components in door and A-pillar it may be good enough.

As far as USB music, I've noticed that the stang is pretty picky about good quality MP3s/FLACs. Need to update my music library with better (higher bitrate) files, and that should help a lot too.
Sponsored