2015 Ecoboost

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I have a 2015 Ecoboost. Right now I am trying to get parts together Intercooler, charge pipe, down pipe, blow off valve, different exhaust. I figured I would go through Cob for the tuning. Seems to be what everyone else is doing. I was wondering what people are making as far as power goes. Also, where do these things max out with the stock turbos. What do these blocks max out at? I seen 500 somewhere, I figured that's with a larger turbo charger. I am not really trying to get into cams and what not with this thing. I just want a quicker fun little zippy car for around town and going to and from work. I have a 2015 5.0 that I am building for the drag strip.
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
All you need is an intercooler, down pipe, pro-tune and at least some 275's on the rear and you'll be virtually untouchable on surface roads from light to light. The lighter weight of the Eco and bigger tires combined with all of that torque will embarrass higher HP cars when punching it from low speeds or a dead stop.

Forget the Cobb tune. The more power you're adding with aftermarket parts, the less you will want to be running that canned Cobb tune. Really, you just want their AccessPort. At that point, any canned tune is really just a base-map holdover until you can get a pro tune. I ran one for a few weeks before Brunson tuned mine. It will hold you back. Power delivery is weird and some have even experienced catastrophic engine failure while running one. Forget about cams. Not enough benefit for the money. Stock block is maxing out at 450-500hp. With the above mods you'll be close to 350whp and 400+ wtq depending on the tune.

If you want some more fun you can add E30 to the mix if its available to you. But since you have an early model, most 2015's came with the engine assembled in Valencia, Spain and represented a pretty big bulk of the early engine failures, I'd stick to 93 and see how she responds.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
All you need is an intercooler, down pipe, pro-tune and at least some 275's on the rear and you'll be virtually untouchable on surface roads from light to light. The lighter weight of the Eco and bigger tires combined with all of that torque will embarrass higher HP cars when punching it from low speeds or a dead stop.

Forget the Cobb tune. The more power you're adding with aftermarket parts, the less you will want to be running that canned Cobb tune. Really, you just want their AccessPort. At that point, any canned tune is really just a base-map holdover until you can get a pro tune. I ran one for a few weeks before Brunson tuned mine. It will hold you back. Power delivery is weird and some have even experienced catastrophic engine failure while running one. Forget about cams. Not enough benefit for the money. Stock block is maxing out at 450-500hp. With the above mods you'll be close to 350whp and 400+ wtq depending on the tune.

If you want some more fun you can add E30 to the mix if its available to you. But since you have an early model, most 2015's came with the engine assembled in Valencia, Spain and represented a pretty big bulk of the early engine failures, I'd stick to 93 and see how she responds.
Didn't know that about them cars. I knew they was quick off the line. I didn't know 400 lbs of torque quick. Gonna be a fun 8th mile car. Also thank you for the info.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Didn't know that about them cars. I knew they was quick off the line. I didn't know 400 lbs of torque quick. Gonna be a fun 8th mile car. Also thank you for the info.
How can I identify where the block was made.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
How can I identify where the block was made.
Its been a while since then so you might have to go back and search for threads from '15-'17 with keywords like 'Valencia' or 'Cleveland'. I think there was some stamping on the block somewhere that identified where it was built but I could be wrong.

Sponsored

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Label under the plastic engine cover tells where it was made.

BTW, 150k on my Spanish engine today.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Label under the plastic engine cover tells where it was made.

BTW, 150k on my Spanish engine today.
My plastic cover was gone when I bought the car.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have a 2015 Ecoboost. Right now I am trying to get parts together Intercooler, charge pipe, down pipe, blow off valve, different exhaust. I figured I would go through Cob for the tuning. Seems to be what everyone else is doing. I was wondering what people are making as far as power goes. Also, where do these things max out with the stock turbos. What do these blocks max out at? I seen 500 somewhere, I figured that's with a larger turbo charger. I am not really trying to get into cams and what not with this thing. I just want a quicker fun little zippy car for around town and going to and from work. I have a 2015 5.0 that I am building for the drag strip.
On my 2015 Ecoboost. I had a large intercooler, stage 2 Vargas Turbo, 93 tune, Turbosmart wastegate actuator, MBRP Race catback, Airaid intake, catless downpipe with a Lund Racing tune. Made great power. Give me a call at 1.877.253.8425 ext (211) and I can get you taken care of on some parts for your car and give you some more insight on how to properly build a 2.3T ecoboost mustang! @LethalPerformance

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
On my 2015 Ecoboost. I had a large intercooler, stage 2 Vargas Turbo, 93 tune, Turbosmart wastegate actuator, MBRP Race catback, Airaid intake, catless downpipe with a Lund Racing tune. Made great power. Give me a call at 1.877.253.8425 ext (211) and I can get you taken care of on some parts for your car and give you some more insight on how to properly build a 2.3T ecoboost mustang! @LethalPerformance
I will be in touch tomorrow.