• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

GT 2015 base GT, competition orange, salvage title?, rough

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
This is a feeler that will be fleshed in when the title arrives...

2015 Base GT, Manual, 77k with front end damage, from an autocross incident with a wall(was catching boost buggies in STU, and pushed too hard on burnt 275/19's). Knee bags blew, driver side frame crush area needs repairs. bumper needs replacing, drivers side front quarter panel, and some welding on the radiator carrier, and top bumper hanger radiator fixing panel needs replacing. Many stock plastic parts missing as this was always going to be an SCCA solo CAM-C car. LIghtening has always been the goal. It's probably somewhere around 3450lbs.

2018, the top of a tree came down on it in a windstorm, came through the windshield, and also hit the passenger side quarter panel, hood, and dashboard. All were replaced, for around $8k, and this is where the title, I think was modified to salvage of some sort. I'm not exactly sure how it will arrive.

Year: 2015
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang GT
Trim: BASE
Color: Competition Orange
Transmission: Manual
Mileage: 77400
Modifications: f&r ARB, camber plates, lowering springs, catback
Additional Info: Damaged
PRICE: $14,500
Pictures:

Life is in the way, and coming teen drivers that need cars, instead.

Motor is stock, always has been. There was some squirrel chew to the injector/coil wiring that I self repaired. Body is rough, but needs likely $2-5k to be solid, but I daily drove it for 5 years, still do occasionally, engine is strong, clutch still seems to be, and it was only autocrossed for the first five months of it's life before the incident. I was going to do the frame rail replacement with a piece from ebay, and the radiator carrier myself, but just can't get ahead enough right now on $$$ and time to get it all done anytime soon. I'm a turo host with three other cars that I maintain much better than this poor baby, and that takes a lot of my time right now.

Aftermarket parts:

Eibach front and rear ARB's
Eibach Pro kit lowering springs on stock shocks. As most know, not a great setup for handling, but looks great.
Magnaflow Competition Cat back (just an amazing sound. sounds like a storm coming, but loud)
Maximum Motorsports camber plates

on stock, base 18's.

Not absolutely sure what a fair price is for something like this that obviously needs work, but am leaning towards $14k. Could be a good daily again or a track car, possibly. Will post more pics of engine bay, interior, etc. as I go. Should have the title in two weeks or so.

***not sure it can be trusted, but carsforsale.com's free title check does not list the VIN as having a salvage record. I don't know much about this, but that seems positive.

***Just paid $10 for a title check, and it is showing no salvage record on the "brand" ?

Located in Austin, TX.

Definitely will listen to constructive feedback here on pricing.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
@murphyslaww , sorry to hear about all that. Just need to be clear on whether or not a manual. Love the Competition Orange.

Last edited:

ndpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang Cobra, 1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car
what options does it have? which seats, electronics, etc...
interior picts?

OP
OP
murphyslaww

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what options does it have? which seats, electronics, etc...
interior picts?

It's a base... 300A, I think ? Beige cloth seats, small display, etc. All I cared that it started 150lbs lighter than a premium.

I'll get more pics up soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
murphyslaww

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Decided to repair, and have purchased the replacement parts, cut the damaged frame piece out, have a new piece of straight frame that is being grafted on.

Can't decide at this point to keep it and do a thorough Autocross CAM-C build, or see if someone else wants it.

IMG-0696.jpg
IMG-0701.jpg
IMG-0703.jpg

OP
OP
murphyslaww

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And… I guess this became a build thread. Got off my lazy butt and am just about done. Waiting on the airbag module reset(knee bags blew) and install the bumper, and airbags. Installed Pedders coil overs last weekend.
E11E67DB-4825-4CE7-AE53-FF599790B230.jpeg
C2A209C5-E8E4-4C1A-8B64-16EB46A88DE7.jpeg
611A5BB3-F06D-4914-98AF-0AC64294A451.jpeg
8AFB53C7-1F5E-43E2-87AA-FF23AD98C3CF.jpeg
8B74144F-6C61-417B-AC10-25FE8DFD9FE0.jpeg
D80B960C-4611-4E74-81F8-EB84CC95700A.jpeg
08F46691-5EF7-4D84-9375-FC2D4097B2DB.jpeg
F88FC49E-FF12-49A3-A60B-581F860D4A06.jpeg
Sponsored