Sponsored

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
I recently watched a Fox News video where the S550's Chief Engineer was interviewed with a white '15 Anniversary, he made a comment saying something to the effect that he has a few surprises for 2015.5 stang...anyone have any further info on this?

Thx
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Probably the additional colors like Avalanche Gray.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Thx. I'm new here so pardon if this has been asked before, is an 8 speed auto in the cards for 15.5 or 16?

Glass roof would be very nice.

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6
Thx. I'm new here so pardon if this has been asked before, is an 8 speed auto in the cards for 15.5 or 16?

Glass roof would be very nice.
10 speed is suspected for 16, 17, or 18 depending on who you ask

Sponsored

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Thx, 10 speeds seems like a bit of overkill, no?

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx, 10 speeds seems like a bit of overkill, no?
Yeah it could be and it's a gm Ford collaboration...they've spent a lot on it and they're doing it to meet the fleet mpg standards. I don't think there is much if any info on it yet

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Yeah it could be and it's a gm Ford collaboration...they've spent a lot on it and they're doing it to meet the fleet mpg standards. I don't think there is much if any info on it yet
Thx for the info. Didn't GM just start using an 8 Spd auto?

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx for the info. Didn't GM just start using an 8 Spd auto?
8 speeds have been around for a while I test drove a g37s with it and didn't really notice anything and I know jeep grand Cherokees have 9speeds now and they had problems with it.not sure about gm

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
8 speeds have been around for a while I test drove a g37s with it and didn't really notice anything and I know jeep grand Cherokees have 9speeds now and they had problems with it.not sure about gm
Yes, sone manufactures have been using them for a few years but the 8 speed Spd is rather new for GM, so it's interesting they're already planning on a 10 Spd in just 2-3 more model years. I guess CAFE is causing all kinds of different future products far earlier than what would have come in previous years.

Sponsored

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, sone manufactures have been using them for a few years but the 8 speed Spd is rather new for GM, so it's interesting they're already planning on a 10 Spd in just 2-3 more model years. I guess CAFE is causing all kinds of different future products far earlier than what would have come in previous years.
Gm/Ford have worked on 10speed since 13..kinda funny if the camaro and mustang have the exact same tranny

Gen_Nick3.8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Camaro SS 1LE
Infiniti are 7sp auto.

GTsquid

No one has asked for the video?? I find this surprising and have never heard them mention "2015.5"

Link?
Sponsored