Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

j_dhillon21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
Just got my MAK cat deletes! Thanks again @AdrianMAK! The pipes themselves were a tad dirty but didn't have any dents or scratches in them at all. Which is actually lucky considering how they were packed. I know 304SS is strong stuff but you guys really should use a bit more packing material. As soon as I grabbed the box I could hear the pipes hitting one another. Like I said, no damage was done to them so no harm, no foul but I would have preferred if they weren't rattling around the entire trip during shipping. Also, my hardware and flanges were just rolling around in the bottom of the big box. A bag or something would have been nice. There was a small USPS priority box in there (I'm assuming the hardware was originally in that) but it didn't look to have ever been sealed so of course the contents fell right out during transit. All in all good looking product though and it doesn't look like anything is missing. I'm excited to get them installed and see what kind of impact they make on the sound and power! Thanks again for the good customer service Adrian!

Similar problem with my packing. Im pretty sure the reason the pipes got scratched up was because the box was to big and not enough packing material was used. I got my pipes installed today and you will definitely be happy with the sound after install, I had a permanent smile driving the rest of the day. I didn't feel much of a power gain or loss. I guess the only way to find out will be a dyno run!
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
I included a same day dyno run stock, tuned, cat deletes + tune. The deletes picked up way more than the tune. I figured that dyno sheet would settle this, that's why I went through the trouble of running all three dyno runs in one day.

futbol90x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2005 & 2015 mustang gt pp
Just to clarify, I never said the pipes were dented. They were scratched up and dirty. Looks like they were never cleaned before being shipped. I took the pipes to a local muffler shop today to get them installed and they told me that these pipes are going to lose power due to lack of back pressure..... Really wish I just went with headers at this point...
A master tech from ford told me the same thing lol! But then again he didnt even know it was possible to run with e85 gas in our cars.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Just spent close to 30min on the phone with [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION] asking questions and then asking again. Just wanted to say he was awesome with his customer service and talking me through everything, especially the differences between choosing cat deletes or long tubes.

In the end, I've decided to purchase a set of MAK cat deletes to compliment the Corsa exhaust and get a bit more power. Living in CA, the sheer convenience of being able to install and un-install these without paying a shop $600+ was what sold me. That and the fact that I will still make 90% of the power of a traditional long tube header and still get the same sound/noise as I would from long tubes is just a win-win situation.

Adrian, thank you for your time and it was awesome doing business with you! I'll definitely be posting some videos on Instagram once the cat deletes come in!

Thanks again!
- David

*Edit -

He gave me a very clear warning though - this will make the 5.0 NASCAR loud with the Corsa Xtreme since that's already the loudest, most potent exhaust on the market. And he warned me against daily driving it.. I'm excited as fuck now. :)

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Just spent close to 30min on the phone with [MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION] asking questions and then asking again. Just wanted to say he was awesome with his customer service and talking me through everything, especially the differences between choosing cat deletes or long tubes.

In the end, I've decided to purchase a set of MAK cat deletes to compliment the Corsa exhaust and get a bit more power. Living in CA, the sheer convenience of being able to install and un-install these without paying a shop $600+ was what sold me. That and the fact that I will still make 90% of the power of a traditional long tube header and still get the same sound/noise as I would from long tubes is just a win-win situation.

Adrian, thank you for your time and it was awesome doing business with you! I'll definitely be posting some videos on Instagram once the cat deletes come in!

Thanks again!
- David

*Edit -

He gave me a very clear warning though - this will make the 5.0 NASCAR loud with the Corsa Xtreme since that's already the loudest, most potent exhaust on the market. And he warned me against daily driving it.. I'm excited as fuck now. :)
I wouldnt say 90% of the longtube header output, but maybe 75%. It's usually about a 10-15whp difference.

Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I wouldnt say 90% of the longtube header output, but maybe 75%. It's usually about a 10-15whp difference.
That's best case scenario. Sometimes the cat deletes and headers are almost even. Either way, can't beat the convenience and price per horsepower gain versus headers. They've got my business. :thumbsup:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
make some videos! i've been holding out since I got the xtremes too.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
make some videos! i've been holding out since I got the xtremes too.
I intend too! Started the Xtreme for the first time in my garage this morning and wow. It's already loud as f*ck.. Can't wait for the cat deletes now!

Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
It's racecar loud. I leave my house at 0350-0400 everyday and I baby it out of the neighborhood and keep it under 2500. Neighbors in front of the house don't mind. The ones at the stop sign probably mind a little lol. I hardly ever listen to the radio, and almost exclusively drive with the windows down, weather permitting. The sound the double helix makes on the freeway next to a concrete barrier...eargasmic.

Edit: what lunatic in a triple yellow Stang?

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
It's racecar loud. I leave my house at 0350-0400 everyday and I baby it out of the neighborhood and keep it under 2500. Neighbors in front of the house don't mind. The ones at the stop sign probably mind a little lol. I hardly ever listen to the radio, and almost exclusively drive with the windows down, weather permitting. The sound the double helix makes on the freeway next to a concrete barrier...eargasmic.

Edit: what lunatic in a triple yellow Stang?
Speaking of the lunatic in the triple yellow Stang! :D Your video on YouTube is what convinced to choose this set-up. :cheers:

I just can't wait to let the ghost cam loose and floor it under a bridge or by a wall. :love:

Edit - [MENTION=17026]Digital_Synapse[/MENTION], I think you should make an updated video of your set-up to convince Khyber to join us. :thumbsup:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Just do it!! It won't be THAT much louder...lol
i was popping the exhaust off today after cars in coffee in downtown greenville as it was echoing off the buildings... it's THAT loud NOW lol. I can't imagine with cat deletes

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
i was popping the exhaust off today after cars in coffee in downtown greenville as it was echoing off the buildings... it's THAT loud NOW lol. I can't imagine with cat deletes
Today was my first time driving the car through a heavily populated area with lotsssss of buildings around. In 3 lights, I received more compliments on my exhaust than I have with the car in general. Haha.
Sponsored