Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Premium Auto adding the P/P pkg.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Has anyone ever added all or most the P/P parts to a GT auto premium before? If so what were the results with the gauge addition? Any help would be great.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
A good chunk of the PP parts are already outdone by the aftermarket depending on what you are trying to do but pretty much anything can be installed. There are several threads about people adding the PP gauges on the non PP cars.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Oil pressure and vacuum info would be the result if youā€™re talking about the center of dash guages.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Check my sig. Any questions, just PM me or I can answer here. Just realized you have a convertable, so that may change things a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
canyon ed

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Yea In 18 Ford made a p/p auto convert. so I am wondering how hard it would be to install the dash pcs and the gauges. Some people say there is wiring back there to plug and play so that's why I am asking.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I bought the Performance Pack Brembos for my Premium auto, but for the suspension and other items I prefer the GT350 parts over the stock PP ones. The stock performance pack suspension stuff is relatively cheap, the biggest cost would be the brakes and gauges, but both can be added easily.

OP
OP
canyon ed

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
I bought the Performance Pack Brembos for my Premium auto, but for the suspension and other items I prefer the GT350 parts over the stock PP ones. The stock performance pack suspension stuff is relatively cheap, the biggest cost would be the brakes and gauges, but both can be added easily.
Has anyone done this on a convertible and if so are there are pics on how to install the gauges and re route the AC vents.

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I guess Iā€™ll chime in. Car started as a ā€˜17 premium black out package GT, non-PP. since purchasing it Iā€™ve added the Ford Performance track handling pack, the Ford Performance Power Pack 2, the Ford Performance K-brace with the firewall brace, UPR vertical links, Steeda subframe bushings, and then MRR M350 wheels squared with 285s all around. The only thing that hasnā€™t been added yet are the brakes and the larger radiator. Honestly the only reason I regret not getting the PP would be for the brakes, however while not as good the front GT brakes are more than capable for the autocrossing I do. Everything else Iā€™ve switched out I wouldā€™ve done anyway. What Iā€™ve added has made the car significantly more capable than a stock PP GT.

Not getting a PP worked out for me because when I went to switch out the spoiler on my car, it already had the holes drilled. The PPs I was looking at didnā€™t have a spoiler from the factory. Also got the same money for my stock wheels and tires as people have gotten for those less that slightly PP wheels.

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a 2017 P
I guess Iā€™ll chime in. Car started as a ā€˜17 premium black out package GT, non-PP. since purchasing it Iā€™ve added the Ford Performance track handling pack, the Ford Performance Power Pack 2, the Ford Performance K-brace with the firewall brace, UPR vertical links, Steeda subframe bushings, and then MRR M350 wheels squared with 285s all around. The only thing that hasnā€™t been added yet are the brakes and the larger radiator. Honestly the only reason I regret not getting the PP would be for the brakes, however while not as good the front GT brakes are more than capable for the autocrossing I do. Everything else Iā€™ve switched out I wouldā€™ve done anyway. What Iā€™ve added has made the car significantly more capable than a stock PP GT.

Not getting a PP worked out for me because when I went to switch out the spoiler on my car, it already had the holes drilled. The PPs I was looking at didnā€™t have a spoiler from the factory. Also got the same money for my stock wheels and tires as people have gotten for those less that slightly PP wheels.
I ordered a 2017 Premium with the PP for all those extra addons. Figured it was cheaper than doing it my self. And yes, for whatever reason Ford deletes the rear spoiler on the PP car. Go figure. I tried to undelete when I ordered the car and that was not an option. I was going to add the GT350 spoiler to it but decided not to drill holes in the trunk lid. Just going to leave it off for now. Makes it unique since all the non PP cars have spoilers of some sort. Did I see that Ford now includes the spoiler on the 18-19 PP cars. Wonder what the logic was to delete it?

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a 2017 P

I ordered a 2017 Premium with the PP for all those extra addons. Figured it was cheaper than doing it my self. And yes, for whatever reason Ford deletes the rear spoiler on the PP car. Go figure. I tried to undelete when I ordered the car and that was not an option. I was going to add the GT350 spoiler to it but decided not to drill holes in the trunk lid. Just going to leave it off for now. Makes it unique since all the non PP cars have spoilers of some sort. Did I see that Ford now includes the spoiler on the 18-19 PP cars. Wonder what the logic was to delete it?
While I am writing. I see that you added the Track Suspension. How do you like it for street driving? Another one of Ford's infinite wisdom things was to include in the PP package everything but the springs from the Street Performance suspension package. I am tempted to swap out those springs at the minimum or go with the track package. Is it a problem with hitting curbs and such dropping the car that inch?
Sponsored