THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Negative. I was removing the strut cross brace to get the sound tube out. I have the performance package so it was standard and when I was putting back the brace the stud snapped. It must have been sensitive or faulty because I got no where near the torque that I did the other ones it snapped easily. I mean the fawker flew off. I can't upload from my iPhone but it's sheared right at the base. I'll end up drilling it out and getting to it from the bottom. I have the tools so no biggie but it just sucks, everything was going smooth until that.
Sponsored

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
What about adding a no tune intake to the existing GT350 CAI?

scherisho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
What are you guys getting for miles per gallon? On my stock GT and I'm getting around 23 which is a mix of Highway and city driving. For those of you that have powerpack two what does your MPG's look like compared to before the installation of powerpack two?

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
I was 19.5 like clockwork b4 PP2 but was running regular except @ track events. 1st couple of tankfulls I was at 22. Now back down to 19-20 but attribute that to spending a LOT more time @ 4k+ RPMs.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I have not installed my PP2 yet, but currently I am getting right at 21.0 MPG with 93 octane. I switched to 93 octane about....8 tanks ago and was getting the same 21MPG with 87 octane.

After the gas switch, for the first few tanks of 93 my mileage dropped to 19.2-19.5 but then went back to 21.0.

Will be interesting to see what happens when I install PP2. I am assuming a few hundred miles for things to stabilize, and then we'll pass judgement.

Sponsored

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Wow I wish I was getting your guys' mileage lol. I get around 17.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
My local dealer had no clue what PP2 was despite giving them the part number. They then told me that warranty would not apply if they installed it because they are not a 'performance" dealer. After telling me that they had no clue what it was they proceeded to tell how much trouble people have with those Roush kits.........

I am using a local ASE shop and have decided that as stupid as these people appear, they will not get the maintenance work on my other Fords any more because the are just idiots......

oldboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had not seen a direct comparison of pp2 and pp3. Pretty interesting.

Overlaying the two LMR dyno sheets from Youtube says that if you like pp2 you would love pp3. From 3600 to 6300 rpm they are pretty much indistinguishable. pp2 has a slight edge from 4800 to 5600 rpm, but pp3 (surprisingly) kills it down low and (unsurprisingly) walks away from 6300 rpm on. Disregard the stock tune curves. They do not cross at 5250.

The pp3 low end performance makes it the DD as well as 1/4 mi. winner, assuming you can take the ticket price (and the wait). Not what I expected.

Also included are photos of how I relieved the engine cover. Somebody tell me how to make photo appear rather than link...:frusty:
pp2 vs pp3.jpg

Last edited:

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
If the photo is less than (I think) 2048KB (2MB) in size, you can upload directly to the thread using the Manage Attachments button.

oldboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If the photo is less than (I think) 2048KB (2MB) in size, you can upload directly to the thread using the Manage Attachments button.
thanks. It may be that the other photos got included. I'll review.

After posting I took another look at it. The top end torque curves really diverge at a steadily increasing rate beginning at 5500.

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Your link doesn't work. It may show up for you b/c it's cached in your memory. Nobody else can see it. FYI.

*edit*
it works now, thanks.

Last edited:

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I had not seen a direct comparison of pp2 and pp3. Pretty interesting.

Overlaying the two LMR dyno sheets from Youtube says that if you like pp2 you would love pp3. From 3600 to 6300 rpm they are pretty much indistinguishable. pp2 has a slight edge from 4800 to 5600 rpm, but pp3 (surprisingly) kills it down low and (unsurprisingly) walks away from 6300 rpm on. Disregard the stock tune curves. They do not cross at 5250.

The pp3 low end performance makes it the DD as well as 1/4 mi. winner, assuming you can take the ticket price (and the wait). Not what I expected.

Also included are photos of how I relieved the engine cover. Somebody tell me how to make photo appear rather than link...:frusty:
This is what has me on the fence although I am not sure it's worth the price premium. My local shop has pp2 at 1100 installed and 2700 for the pp3 installed.

If I was installing myself I would probably go for the pp3 even tho I wouldnt use the extra power up top very often.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Ok, I've spent more time reading through this thread than it takes to install these kits and there is a lot of great info here so thanks to those that contributed. Question for those that installed the PP2 or PP3 that previously had the OEM air box. Are you seeing significantly higher intake temps in city or stop and go traffic?

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
My install of the frpp power pack 2 and frpp oil separator. The cover is on and not touching and separator installed fine.

[MENTION=21899]MarkH[/MENTION] how tight is that oil separator fit? I did my install yesterday and crap is that snug. The block has a fitting (small brown cap sitting on bolt) that is holding some conduit and I'm a bit worried because it's right up against the throttle body plug. How's the fit on yours or did you remove that part and leave the conduit freely?

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
What are you guys getting for miles per gallon? On my stock GT and I'm getting around 23 which is a mix of Highway and city driving. For those of you that have powerpack two what does your MPG's look like compared to before the installation of powerpack two?
I too am interested on how PP2 would affect mpg, right now I am averaging about 21 mpg combined. PP2 is interesting and I am considering getting it at some point.
Sponsored