Sponsored

2014 or 2015?

vDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I've been in the market for a new car and have been really interested in the 2014 mustang v6. With the reveal of the 2015 mustang in torn between waiting for it or just getting the 2014 model. This will be the first car I've ever bought, I've been saving for months. What do you guys think? Wait it out or go for the 2014?

If I bought the 2014, could I trade it in for the 2015 when it comes out? Also, is there a date that the 2015 model will be on sale?
Thanks in advance guys
Sponsored

Haynboy8

Threads
Reaction score
I'd wait. The 2015 looks way more refined. The only reason someone would get a 14 is if that is the design you are looking for. Other than that, it looks like the 15 will blow away the 14 is every category. The biggest thing for me is the interior, the 15 looks like it finally has a good interior.

Buying the 14 and then trading it in a year later is a waste of money. You will lose money.

I'm actually going to wait till a GT350/500/Boss/etc. comes out till I consider buying one.

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
I think the new model would come out in late 2014(Aug,Sept, Oct, Nov)*not sure*?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Me? I'd buy a lightly used 2013 and then test drive the 2015 once it's available. That way, you'd lighten the depreciation if you decide to trade.

:)

FastbackFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mustang yet
I am actually facing a similar situation: waiting another year for my new car is really hard and I am also afraid that it would take even longer until the new Mustang shows up in Europe. The Camaro was announced to come to Europe in Spring 2009 and it took until winter 2011/12 until it finally arrived - and then it was limited to 1000 cars per year :doh:. If the same would happen with the Mustang, I'll go mad:paddle:.

Actually I almost signed a contract for a new Challenger in October when I heard the rumors about the Mustang being presented in December, so not being totally convinced by the Challenger, I decided to skip that until the new Mustang was presented. So now I am sitting here not knowing what to do - I'll probably prefer the new Mustang over Challenger (and Camaro) - but wait another year or two for it? I'm not that overwhelmed by the new Mustangs design that I think the anticipation itself will keep me burning that long.

On the other hand: trading in a Challenger or Camaro in Germany is like selling swimsuits at the north pole:thumbdown:. A compromise could be to buy a classic car, so I'll have something to play for 1 or 2 years not losing that much money at the same time.

Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
If you can grab a good deal on a 13 or 14 I would, then when wait for the real bump in hp when the 6th gen camaro debuts. GM will be watching what Ford does with this new Mustang and will try to beat it no doubt.

Sanctuary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German cars.
Same situation, I'm going to look at the 2015's before I buy one. If the price is not right I will get a steal on a 13/14 GT.

HTownStang

Unless you hate it I would wait. If you are even a little unsure and money isn't a factor, i'd go with the 15. The cars it benchmarked against suggests performance that will make many forgive any small issues they have with the looks. Which is why i say unless you hate it.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I've been in the market for a new car and have been really interested in the 2014 mustang v6. With the reveal of the 2015 mustang in torn between waiting for it or just getting the 2014 model. This will be the first car I've ever bought, I've been saving for months. What do you guys think? Wait it out or go for the 2014?

If I bought the 2014, could I trade it in for the 2015 when it comes out? Also, is there a date that the 2015 model will be on sale?
Thanks in advance guys
There is no way you will come out ahead financially by buying a 14 now and then trading it in in the near future, so I would definitely not even consider that.

This car looks to be leaps and bounds better than the outgoing model, and you have an extra engine choice. As others have said, the only reason to buy a 14 is if you like the looks better.

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
You'll probably get more power out of a 2013 v6 than a 2015, not by much probably. If this is your first car purchase, go used and build up your credit. You could get screwed on a new car payment.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Save all the money and walk into the dealership able to pay more for the car. Or spend money on the Mustang you want. The only current offerings I'd consider for a Mustang are 2003/2004 Mach 1/Cobra, which are just really dated interior wise, or a Boss 302.

I'm waiting to see the new SVT/GT350/Mach 1/Boss 302 they come out with. Waiting, and saving money...
Sponsored