Sponsored

2 weeks old and gearbox bust on EB - is this a new thing?

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi guys,

Picked up my Sept 2016 build Ecoboost on the 8th of december. Absolutely love the car. Had to wait 9 months for it to be delivered to Australia...

Drove it out of the showroom and basically a few days later noticed that when the car is warm there was a noise like vibration when decelerating in any gear. Changing gears was quite notchy but i thought it is a new gearbox it will be a bit tight. After about 6 days of ownership i was concerned enough to take it to the dealership to get them to test ride and listen to it.
Mechanic confirmed the noise is not normal and had it booked in yesterday for proper look and they confirmed it is the gearbox and it was booked in on the 11th of Jan to get the box ripped out and stripped by a local mechanic.

I accepted it but i called them up when i got home thinking this is not really good enough. They are going to take the car in this friday and send the box away.
Very disappointed as the car looks a million bucks and having to wait over 9 months for something like this is a killer only to have it pulled out from under you 2 weeks into ownership :(

Wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue at all? The dealership said my car is the first in the 2 years they imported them to have this issue....
THey also do not want to swap gearboxes until they have found the exact problem and if it can be repaired. Which sucks as swapping boxes over is a matter of a few hours where rebuilding a box will be a few weeks!

And i JUST had my Wagner intercooler, green filter and steeda spring arrive in the mail!! so much sadness :(:headbonk:
Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That sucks. The day after I bought mine (not even 24 hours later) I found out my A/C didn't work. Nothing like having a brand new car that is broken.