Sponsored

1970 Boss vs. 2015 EB

Ski3143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP/50th/DIB
we always seem to forget performance numbers from the muscle car era are just not competitive with 45+ years of advancement in automotive technology. The 1970 Boss was "fast" for it's time; 0-60; 6.9 sec, 1/4 mi. 14.6 @ 98 MPH but many family sedans will beat that today. Also when comparing track performance tires will make all the difference. Polyglas vs. today's ultra high performance options it's simply no contest. IMO would be more interesting to revisit road tests from 1970 comparing the 70' Boss to it's competition and let today's Mustang do the same. :ford:

I'm pretty sure the real purpose here is not that they want to say the EB is better than a V8. They just want to have some kind of connection that says "Guys, it's better than one of the most traditionally mustang, mustangs. It's okay to think of the Ecoboost as a mustang as much as the V6s and V8s are. The design language, feel of driving, and heritage are what matters; Not displacement"

Which personally as an EB owner I think is a great sentiment. :cool:
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Lame attempt to make EB owners feel better in my opinion. This is an ego stroke for those not secure enough to accept what they bought.

It's like trying to sell a new rifle to the military that fires .22s but compare it to Muskets....just sayin.

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Sorry, but this was just a silly promo. There was no comparison of the two cars. No information, no times, no professional review. Just two cars with slick video shots from a helicopter. So who won? It doesn't say. Maybe left over footage from a TV commercial? A waste of time.

Rhumbline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 BMW M3
Lame video basically told me absolutely nothing.

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Make it a Boss 429 or Mach 428 and maybe it would have been a closer comparison.
Sponsored