'19 Bullitt Suspension Issues

Olariu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt; '17 Merc AMG C43
Need some help. I bought a '19 Bullitt last fall with 160 miles on it. It was one of the Dreamcar Giveaway cars. The winner sold it and I bought it from a DE dealer. The contest company had installed some Ford Performance parts: 20mm lowering springs, Ford Racing sway bars, and new halfshafts. The rest of the car is stock so it did not need the halfshafts, but there are there in their blue glory. Here is the issue. In medium fast sweepers, like a long on ramp the rear end would push in and out. My trusted local mechanic and all-around car guy drove it an agreed something was amiss. The rear end felt loose. He thought the 4 wheel alignment was off. I took it to my local Ford dealer and, sure enough, three of the four wheels were off a fair amount, mostly 'toe'. They showed me the color print out with the before and after with lots of RED in the before and all GREEN in the after. Meaning the measurement of camber, toe and caster. Most of the problem was toe. So...I picked it up and tried my local on ramp. It was perfect, like on rails.

BUT, after the on ramp it was on the four-lane divided highway. Now, driving the smooth interstate style road, the rear end was back and forth, back and forth, like it was in an out of a gutter...this is a road I drive frequently and it was 'normal' before the alignment and cruised nicely, it isn't now. BTW, it has 670 miles on the odometer.

Any suggestions? I am about ready for the stock suspension. It is Magneride, BTW. I just checked the tire pressure. The right rear was 35 and the left was 32. I can't imagine that was enough to make a difference.
Sponsored

Last edited:

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
OP
OP

Olariu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Olariu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Post your alignment sheet. Get it if you don't have it. "Green" is meaningless for a performance car.
They did not give it to me, but I will get a copy. But there is more going on here, I think.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Olariu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Attached is a scan of the alignment report. The dealer confirms the rear end is moving around on an interstate style highway at normal speeds. They have called Ford Performance but I don't have a report yet.

Attachments

OP
OP

Olariu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
This problem has been fixed. Previously, the Bullitt had the Ford Performance lowering springs and sway bars installed before I bought the car.. My local Ford dealer found that the two of the springs had bushings not seated correctly. One was on the front and the other on the rear. On one the bushings was the upper one and the other the lower. Also the front sway bar was hitting a control arm. They installed new bushings and readjusted the sway bar. All is good and it corners on rails now. Ford Performance was helpful to the dealer. They sent the before and after alignment report to Ford's suspension engineers (supposedly). Ford noted that some readings were changing that should not be changing. They concluded something is "loose" - which was the two bushings not holding the springs securely.
Sponsored