Sponsored

18" wheels on the S550? (too small?)

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Im not a fan of over-sized wheels on any vehicle. The 20's on this model are just plain silly IMO. SO, that would leave me torn between 18's and 19's. I ordered the PP, so it will come with the black 19's. I will make my final assessment once i see those in person, but until then i was curious about opinions? I had been thinking 18x10.5 or 11 in the rear and 18x8.5 or 9 in the front. Would the fenders need to be rolled? This is going to be my first Mustang so, info is welcomed!
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Im not a fan of over-sized wheels on any vehicle. The 20's on this model are just plain silly IMO. SO, that would leave me torn between 18's and 19's. I ordered the PP, so it will come with the black 19's. I will make my final assessment once i see those in person, but until then i was curious about opinions? I had been thinking 18x10.5 or 11 in the rear and 18x8.5 or 9 in the front. Would the fenders need to be rolled? This is going to be my first Mustang so, info is welcomed!
If you ordered the GT PP, you need 19's. There are a very few 18" wheels with very very thin walls that will clear the front brakes, but the vast majority of 18" wheels will not fit.

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not many 18" wheels will clear the 6 piston calipers on the GTPP. HPE is claiming they will have an 18" solution with their new FF15 wheels but they haven't published specs on them yet (offsets and widths).

From all reports, Ford has achieved a pretty good balance in suspension tuning with the GTPP so I wouldn't deviate too much from the factory widths, offsets, and tire diameters (PP front tire is smaller in diameter than the rear). An 18" wheel will give you a better and cheaper choice of tires as well as a savings on weight.

OP
OP
Supa LA

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I'm very familiar with Brembos and wheel clearance. Considering my STi has an almost identical brake setup. There are lots of options out there, you just have to know where to look. Doesn't anyone know the hub for the new stang? I'd most likely want to get hub centric rings with said wheels.

Sponsored

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Specs, pricing, and availability?
We'd rather not upset moderators by posting pricing publicly so please email [email protected] for pricing and full specs.

We're taking preorders now - sets are scheduled to start shipping mid-February.
Sponsored